#1September 27th, 2008 · 02:10 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Ode to an Anthem

This song is not in a battle

No vox yet, rough recording at home...still have to send it to my producer...
it's an old idea...actually, 2 old ideas, I combined them because they sounded really similar, and the modes were easily translated between Lydian and Mixolydian.  Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 27th, 2008 · 02:15 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I think the drums are really too up front in this, and the guitar solo needs to be boosted, But I guess thats what your producer is for.
Otherwise this is a really sweet piece man.
Great work, this is awesome. Reminds me of Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd at some parts
#3September 27th, 2008 · 02:19 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
haha
yeah, I'm having a bit of trouble EQ'ing everything here, I don't have the best setup...I JUST mixed down the drums and figured I'd upload it for compositional review...I'll try to update it when I get the chance.
thanks for the feedback.
#4September 27th, 2008 · 02:36 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
wow
you are right Kunadiun...the drums are WAY too up front
overpowering everything....
I hate different speakers...
I'm remixing down everything and I'm gonna try to upload it again
I wish I could upload the same song, or updates of the same song in the same post.  It would make it easier to get good feedback on a song, if something needs improvement then I should be able to work on it and upload it for more feedback...
hmm...
I suppose I shall have to post more comments on other songs...
#5September 27th, 2008 · 04:18 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Mmm yeah cant wait for the new edited version. yeah fix up those drums and bam, itll be great
#6September 27th, 2008 · 07:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Is not so much the drums as it is the snare..Not only is the level high but it sounds like there hitting a trash plastic trash can..Cymbal eq is a bit harsh and also cuts in loud at parts...Don't really feel separation(clarity)on the solo guitar from the bass and general mix..It feels like is all in the center...The guitar playing and song construction are amazing....Many good melodies and awesome technique..I really hope you get this sorted it really deserves a good production..
#7September 28th, 2008 · 02:53 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
right...
I am mixing down the FOURTH version (home version, I don't have the greatest studio setup...) played around with the EQ and general drum mix...I should be able to upload it here in the next half hour or so.
Thanks for all the feedback!
#8September 28th, 2008 · 03:07 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool   pan some of the instruments away from each other to get  some separation.  love the guitar playing though. the song rocks.
#9September 28th, 2008 · 03:36 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
real great playing!
so it does pay off to study scales!
(i never did )
lol,

i'll wait for the next remix
#10September 28th, 2008 · 07:30 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Norway
Some tweaks in the mix and this will be great. I`ll agree that you have to make room for every instrument in the mix, but then again you should not expect a raw mix to be CD quality. :-)
#11September 30th, 2008 · 09:59 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
MaxdB wrote…
real great playing!
so it does pay off to study scales!
(i never did )
lol,

i'll wait for the next remix

yes...yes it does
#12September 30th, 2008 · 08:12 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
love the super tasty riffage in this song.. Your a excellent guitar player ( I take it you played the guitar ). Since you mentioned a couple of modes.  You play them well .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.