#1September 22nd, 2008 · 02:29 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Lennon Was Wrong

This song is not in a battle

This song came out of my first year of marriage, which contained, among other things, a child, being broke, and cancer.  We're much better now, but not for lack of fighting for it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 22nd, 2008 · 02:40 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
art of music at its best.... ok homemade... but it's the vibe that counts
I appreciate your words. thanks a lot
there is someone outside who knows what I mean....... ddv
#3September 22nd, 2008 · 03:48 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is class stuff! I'm well into your song, love the guitar playing and seriously enjoyed the play within the lyrics.
You are a poet and a song writer.
Even though I liked the chorus harmonies and in my self feel that I follow the 'meaning' of 'love you more' as compared to Lenons Loov, I still think the chorus is a bit too much , the verses are so soft and so very subtle but the chorus is a massive outburst of crashing harmonies resonating from every corner of the room.
Sounds to me like you could build the harmonies up slowly , making it sound like your "working at it"!
Never the less I've downloaded it, thank you.
I must check out your other stuff now!

#4September 23rd, 2008 · 11:12 AM
11 posts
United States of America
groovy laid back still hard hitting and full of emotion
#5September 23rd, 2008 · 12:24 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
This is really great stuff. I too think that you're lyrics are brilliant. The whole song is very emotional and powerful. Yes, there are a few nitty gritty issues with the recording... for me, its mainly the levels of the vox, but this is seriously good. well done

Ian
#6September 23rd, 2008 · 04:33 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the input
I'll post a modified version in the next few days.  I actually increased the vocal strength simply because I got bored with the original version after going over it repeatedly.  The original is softer...lessons learned on how not to overwork something, I suppose.
#7September 23rd, 2008 · 05:50 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Beautiful emotional song Nate
 love the vocal quality here  , harmonies work a treat and instrumentation excellent .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.