#1September 21st, 2008 · 03:41 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Dream Symphony

This song is not in a battle

The title is Dream Symphony and hmm... and guess it closely relates to how the song sounds. Does it? You tell me. I'm going to try to finish a project. Like an album of 10 songs, that was done quick and with little or no revision.
For this song I quickly created a riff and a beat put them together. I mostly put more effort on both solos, so it wouldnt sound boring but at the same time, quickly done. Aight....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 21st, 2008 · 03:45 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
it sounds different from my previous songs because i moved for college and all i have is my laptop and fl studio. still got my guitars, lol but no recording equipment. so yea
#3September 21st, 2008 · 05:17 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I like it actually. is it all done in FL? no live stuff at all? impressive.
 The beat is a bit... well, I think its just the hand clap sounds that ruin it for me... there just so fake sounding, and remind me of bad techno music.
listening again... I like it when it comes back in at .38. and that solo is cool... sounds like an organ with slow attack. I really like the bass guitar sounds you got goin on too.

well done on the change in the style of music. Maybe you could incorporate both styles when you get some recording equipment.

as for how the music relates to the name of the song... I would say well. But I'd probably say the same thing if you called it "rhubarb in a toaster". My point being, that its quite easy to name instrumental songs without commiting yourself to any partticular meaning (this is'nt an insult by the way, b'cos all of my music is instrumental), the listener generally gives the music their own meaning (imo), and so its subjective... However, as a name, "dream symphony" is good. It has nice images, and works well (indeed, its something I probably would've picked as a name for one of my songs... but I won't  )

Anyway, good work

Ian
#4September 22nd, 2008 · 09:04 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
hey thanks bro...
yea, it would be wicked cool to include these instrumental attributes with the traditional rock band. Kinda like hellogoodbye or metrostation, or maybe linkin park, you know all those bands that have the instrumental sound.

ha i made the both solo to this song, well first of all there are no vocals leading the song. Also you know those dance songs that continue the same riff forever, i try to stay away from that for this song. So yea...

Thanks for commenting what do you guys think of the composition of the song? that's what i was really looking for.... lol
#5September 23rd, 2008 · 11:46 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Composition huh? Well I am no composition expert, but it pieced together pretty well. The whole outline is good, I like it. But the instrumentation could use a little work.

But the composition flows together pretty nicely. Im not very good at composition, but from what I can tell its pieced together well...
#6December 20th, 2008 · 06:47 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I think adding some distorted guitar chords in the song would blend the instrument together well. Nice use of the theramin. Replacing the clap sound with a more real sounding drum set would rock this song out.
#7March 29th, 2009 · 12:08 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
52 posts
United States of America
Very nice mix of tracks i like the alien noises, it sounds kinda gamish in some parts if ya know what i mean but over all i give it two thumbs up.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.