#1September 20th, 2008 · 02:45 AM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Fifties-esque

This song is not in a battle

The title is tentative and it wouldn't let me start with a number.

Don't start on recording quality or anything like that. This was recorded in a dorm room using only a laptop with audacity and a casio keyboard. It's sloppy yes, but that's how I play. I'm a sloppy musician (I.E. I don't play the keyboard like a piano, I go claw/single finger style). I will not and cannot currently record under any better quality, so do not complain about it.

This is what you can make with next to nothing. Enjoy.

(Vocals will be added later, and there might be more stuff there might be less)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 20th, 2008 · 02:48 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
I agree
Don't listen to anyone else - this is great...

....but I say that knowing full well where you are coming from. I like the added white-noise sort of hiss - it reminds me of the days I used to record on a boombox - and that in itself is a certain intimacy and stamp of personality that is sometimes lacking in cleaner recordings. Good work.
#3September 20th, 2008 · 08:36 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
ok, so recording quality aside, there are actually some really good elements to this. For instance, I really like from 3.00 onwards... nice mix of instruments there, levels are about right and timing aint to bad.
For the first part... I think it could do with a little mastering and getting the mix right because some instruments are a tad too loud and harsh (this isn't related to quality so please don't take offence). If audacity is a multitrack editing pro, then you'll be able to change the levels of each track individually.

Anyway, good creation

Ian
#4September 23rd, 2008 · 12:54 PM
11 posts
United States of America
50s alive! like a flashback Lyrics yet? i know vocals later i hear some gtr maybe some jug rhythm but i feel the only way to record is "rough" so keep working amass a collection and spill forth...
#5September 23rd, 2008 · 02:09 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yes we work with what we've got.
This strong has a great construction, and I can just hear those 50 vocals already streaming through.

Good something here!
#6January 3rd, 2009 · 05:33 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
Canada
Amazing
I'd love to hear more please.      I'm looking at you Bass4yourface. Nice job. I think austinchicken is giving you a big 100% rating. Would you like it. Yeah let's try it out. That's decided.

Good creativity. Very good sound qaulity. Nice calming music. Good for yoga or something. It would even work as a lullabie!!!  Great work. I love it. Thanks for the good experience of my listening.    
#7January 4th, 2009 · 08:28 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
offer it for a new Super Luigi game or so...
#8January 5th, 2009 · 04:21 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Grievances
Why is it that every time I use electronic sounds I get accused of playing "video game music"? I'm sick of it. When I'm in school a keyboard is all I have to record music. So that's what I use. It's not that I can purposely choose all of the non-synth sounds without repeating myself. But that's not the point. I use the sounds I want to use, and just because it could be used in a video game doesn't mean it is "video game music". Rather, Mr. keyboarder, I would prefer if my music was taken on its own, instead of as an imaginary supplement to some game.

As for audio quality, I am in a similar situation. I either use the internal mic on my computer or a microphone that came with a 30 dollar kids keyboard. I don't have anything else. I'm giving you all I have. Take it or leave it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.