#1September 17th, 2008 · 06:40 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Quizás - Crack

This song is not in a battle

Another new demo with my band.
It was recorded in a home studio of a friend's friend, and we had like 3 hours to record 2 songs, which we had composed 2 weeks ago and practiced one day, so you can make an idea of how played the songs are... ( Hehehe).
It's so sad we didn't have more time for making more takes, cause there are some aweful mistakes. But as soon as the album is complete ( just 2 songs left) we will go and record song oficially, with more time and better mixing.
But, despite of the mistakes and all those issues, here there it is the general idea of the song.
A great problem is also that the mixing was made by the guys who recorded us, so it's not at all what I wanted and I know I could have made it a lot better, but he was doing us a favor for free, so it OK.
Hope you like, and please comment so you can help us.

Musicians:

Moncho: Main vocals, organ and acoustic guitar.
Iszil: Electric guitar, chorus voice.
Oziro: Bass.
Boby: Drums and chorus voice.

PS: The most fun thing is we were changing songs structure while we were in the car going to record.

> Iszil

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 17th, 2008 · 07:05 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I like the intro to this one. great build up. Sounds a bit like Yes to me...  The guitars have alot of effects on them (namely the flanger), but I think I like it though (sorry, I'm trying to think of some constructive criticisms... not working) You guys would be ace to see live! Any chance of a translation of the lyrics?

Ian
#3September 17th, 2008 · 08:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
OK, lyrics here:

After the rain it comes the sun
After the moon, a goodbye
After

May be in my land there's no god
May be there's no room for two
May be

Probably my reflection is not my voice
Probably I always run away for fear
Probably

You'll see, my madness creates love
You'll see, this world beat me
You'll see

I really love the lyrics of this song, specially for the importance in our album (it's a conceptual album, with a story). They were written by Moncho and me.

> Iszil
#4September 17th, 2008 · 09:49 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Love to hear live set from your band .
Q was this recorded to multi track?
the changes in tempo and style , very appealing.
BTW i like the vocal very much.
Just to tighten the bass drum in places and little tidy up.
I agree with Sir Boris re the flange on guitar, maybe side chain to ride the effect , your playing is totally cool .
Most impressive , good luck with it
best wishes
yoko
#5September 19th, 2008 · 07:12 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Quizás - Crack
I really enjoyed listening to this
listened to it maybe 7 times un the amp before this reply
plus points.............
  • all in tune
  • lovely mood
  • well played by all.......
  • great harmonies
  • very good structure

down side

• the drum sound its a bit flat and sometimes sounds like its in a diffferent room (specially tom fills)
  • sounds very compressed in the final mix ............. so its not very sharp/lively on the ear

Hey IZ youve got a great singer there!!!
and backing vocs are exactly what I LOVE!!!!!

HOT AS HOT GETS MY VOTE

THANX .................great u started playing again..........hi to the band!!!

FISH

#6September 19th, 2008 · 09:21 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is great...gave it a few listens before posting and got to say really enjoyed the song..3 hours wow that is pretty good..Good show man!
#7September 21st, 2008 · 12:14 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
re: re: Quizás - Crack
swordfish wrote…
I really enjoyed listening to this
down side

• the drum sound its a bit flat and sometimes sounds like its in a diffferent room (specially tom fills)
  • sounds very compressed in the final mix ............. so its not very sharp/lively on the ear

Well, as I said, I didn't make neither the recording nor the mixing and it didn't fit my tastes and what I wanted, but I guess it's OK for just a demo.
And thanks all for the comments. I'd love to know what you'd change, musically talking about the song. I just want to improve our music, to get a good ending product.

> Iszil
#8September 21st, 2008 · 10:04 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
love the song.  I don't hear anything musically I would change.  only production stuff.  and it has nothing to do with the playing or performances.   excellent music.
#9September 21st, 2008 · 12:42 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I love like am astounded with this song. Love it. Vocals,lyrics,about everything.
I don't really like the beginning,but since you said this was for a conceptual album,I think that with the first part,it would sound good as the last song for the album? [Just an opinion :]
The drums get a little repetitive,but I still do like them.

Love the vocals,and backing vocals.
And Spanish only makes this song have more power and feeling.
Every guitar part was amazing.

Agree with fish that the fills felt a bit far away but heck the recording was free so I won't complain too much :P

Absolutely amazing.
No doubt voting.
#10September 23rd, 2008 · 11:25 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
breathless listening overhere...
only one complain when it ended...
why so soon , so sudden end

then i saw it is 6 minutes long 

btw, i love the flanger gtr sound(floydish!!)

great job ! wouldnt want to change a thing musically
#11September 24th, 2008 · 05:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've listened to this a few times now since you posted , thought I'd better comment!
No dont change anything musically , do get the tracks from your studio matey or just record it again and get the result you are looking for.
I hear the Floyd but I also hear a bit of T-Rex.
You do need to master this song, it's really beautiful. Get to know it inside out (vocalist included), and then give us that version. Wow! That will be amazing!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.