5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
piano theme V2
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-10

Hey

I've just been playing around with this and tweaking it a bit. I don't usually bother with putting other versions up, but I'm gonna enter this into the battle to see how it does, so I wanted the best possible version.
 In this one, I've played with the drums to make them sound more prominant, added some cymbal swells for effect, aswell as some other nitty gritty things.  feel free to vote if you like it...

Cheers

Ian

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 15th, 2008 · 07:04 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Supreme!
Wow Sir! This is amazing ! There is so much feeling that I couldn't fugure it out Congratulations for all hard moments you've taken.Well done!

-=ReFlex
#3September 15th, 2008 · 10:25 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
piano theme v-2
Great start and swells. This is a movie theme of some kind. Very moving. Picturous. Like the chello. Could be used in a movie this song. Very good. Nice ending. Sweet and quiet. Thanks for posting! GREAT JOB!...jgv
#4September 16th, 2008 · 10:27 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is still a very nice piece, yes slightly different.
But it is definitely a film theme though, because it's too dramatic for a song, or it's too short for its dramatics.
Or it's that melody / riff , it's so good it should be used a whole film long, as this stands now it feels 'too intents' because of the melody , which is what makes it to start with.
It's just like the melody they have through some of the most resent 'big films' like Harry Potter and LOTR.
It's so catchy it should be used sparingly.
This sounds like a whole film compacted into the 7inch single !
But a beautiful creation all the same.
Voted for too.
#5September 16th, 2008 · 01:24 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
lol, I think your right Kings. the melody is the song, and the song is the melody... there's not much else to it. If I did manage to get a job doing the soundtrack for a big motion picture (very very unlikely), then I would do things differently, and use the melody sparingly... Even in a song form, I think I could do it differently, and have more "filler" in the gaps between the melody.
 love the soundtrack to LOTR. I'm a very big fan of Howard Shore. for all of those immense catchy melodys to come out of one person is just amazing.

Anyway, thankyou all for the great comments

Ian
#6September 16th, 2008 · 11:21 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dude love this version even more...Your actually quite the song writer..I'm surprised your dwelling on the surface of your abilities..I would encourage you to invest more time on your music ya! have great talent...Love this!
#7September 23rd, 2008 · 12:59 PM
11 posts
United States of America
a serious theme - dramatic mood piece - seems suited for TV/Film scores...
#8September 23rd, 2008 · 09:54 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Damn this is great!
I couldn't give you any input because you did such a fantastic job here.  Hope to hear more.
#9September 23rd, 2008 · 11:50 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
wow yea i agree with kings this sounds like some movie scene bg.
My friend at Umass Lowell is pursuing a career in composing and writing songs for movies. It's cool, i thought.
#10September 24th, 2008 · 03:39 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Hey, thanks guys. really appreciate it.
#11October 22nd, 2008 · 03:05 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This conjures up all sorts of pretty dramatic images for me... a very desolate scene after a battle for one, with the camera travelling over dead bodies until it finds the dying hero of the tale.  Towards the end, you just see someone moving towards the (now dead) hero - as they find them the camera pans out and up, and the film ends leaving the viewer reaching for the tissues!!!

Yes, part of a movie score.

I'd like to hear more of this stuff - it's quite emotive.

Lol
#12October 24th, 2008 · 01:29 PM
10 posts
United States of America
cool
like Phillip Glass, but more melodic.  Great build in center and melodic ending.
Very relaxing and simple.
#13October 30th, 2008 · 05:11 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Wow man. This is beautiful. This is the type of song that plays while a character in an epic movie, like Lord of the Rings, is looking back through their memories and the audience views it with them. Their tragedies, losses, tears, friends dying, loss of a love, etc. This song could be used while a forest burns down along with a village; part of the memory of the character. Everything's lost. Now it's time to battle.

This could be an outro while the credit rolls at the end too.

Excellent work.

5 stars and a download.
#14March 1st, 2009 · 04:02 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Very emotive melody lovely imagery evoking piece.
Nicely done

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.