#1August 18th, 2008 · 11:06 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
NoName

This song is not in a battle

I had uploaded the wrong piece. The other piece was too much. This is a minimalistic piece. A sad piece. It is a reoccurring theme for most of my songs. This does not need anything more. It is not meant to be played by an orchestra. It is meant to be played on a piano, and I did just that.

I used Finale Notepad to create this piece. Right now I have been unable to create any music with Fruity Loops Studio, because I can't afford an UPS to prevent my house from frying my powersupply again. I just RMAd it, and I am not going to be able to use my computer, so I opted to look for a free composer, and Finale Notepad was exactly what I wanted. I had worked on this piece for awhile, and was wanting to do a song in which there was the low, simple notes, and then the melody. And since I like ACE, BDF, and FAC (piano keys) being played together, I wanted to make a more complex, yet simple piece.

Although some of my measures were odd, for instance, on some measures, I really wanted them all to be quarter notes instead of eighth notes, but could not because of the measures being 4/4. Or I wanted my whole note to be half in one measure and half in another. I made some compromises because of this.

I had my boyfriend then take the midi files and put them into FLS and make it into an MP3.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 20th, 2008 · 02:09 AM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
You did this with a computer program? Wow, it really sounds like a baby grand to me. That is sick.

Kudos, man (ma'am.
#3August 20th, 2008 · 01:19 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
once again...all your missing is a drum track of some sorts...doesnt have to be too much...and maybe a string ensemble
#4August 20th, 2008 · 02:18 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
SOAL wrote…
once again...all your missing is a drum track of some sorts...doesnt have to be too much...and maybe a string ensemble

No it doesn't. This is not meant to have drums or anything. I don't see any classical pieces being played on a piano being made with drums and everything. If you read my post, you wouldn't have said this, because I just said that this was a simple piece to be played on a piano. Nothing more. If I wanted the song with drums and and an ensemble, I would put drums and an ensemble with this song, but no. I didn't even suggested that I wanted to use drums. This is not meant for that.
#5August 20th, 2008 · 02:23 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Kelpie wrote…
SOAL wrote…

No it doesn't. This is not meant to have drums or anything. I don't see any classical pieces being played on a piano being made with drums and everything. If you read my post, you wouldn't have said this, because I just said that this was a simple piece to be played on a piano. Nothing more. If I wanted the song with drums and and an ensemble, I would put drums and an ensemble with this song, but no. I didn't even suggested that I wanted to use drums. This is not meant for that.
Ouch!!!!
Touchy aren't we!!!!!
I very rarely read the headings myself unless there real short..At least he gave it listen and gave you a comment which its more than I'm doing..I'm not even going to bother listening with that attitude of yours..Got issues lady??
#6August 20th, 2008 · 05:00 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmmm!

We review music the way we hear it - that may not necessarily fall in with what the creator had intended.  You say the piece was written for solo piano, and that's what you've given.  In terms of music, it's nice, relaxing.

BUT... when I heard it, I imagined a flute in there weaving a melody in and out of the piano part.  I also could imagine strings.  OK, so I wouldn't add percussion as for me that would spoil the mood - but hell, if that's what SOAL suggests then it's just the way his mind is working.

For me, this has potential - but it's a little too minimalistic for my creative juices!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.