#1August 17th, 2008 · 11:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Angel work in progress

This song is not in a battle

Well,

This is a work in progress as the title says..  It's just a sampling, to get some thoughts..  I hope it isn't too poor quality..  I threw it together in literally 5 minutes...  Didn't take much time to clean it up, or do anything.. it's pretty raw, I did cut some of the noise from the air conditioner and dryer out of it.. I know, I should wait until the dryer is done, but, hey, I'm impatient.. hehe..

Anyway, I am sorry I haven't been so active as of late.. But, just got back from New York/New Jersey.. And have been busy with work, and with my new scoot.. Haven't had a lot of time to do music.. Plus, I kinda lost my joy in it... But, it seems I am getting a bit of inspiration.. And feeling like playing more.. So, that's a good thing..  I hope this trend continues.. I've missed  my guitars, and my friends here...  I shouldnt stay away so long...
Anyway, PLEASE, let me know what you think....

Thanks,
                            JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 18th, 2008 · 10:29 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
with some time and some cleaner sounding environments this has a future lol
#3August 19th, 2008 · 07:19 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes this is a very folk piece here..heart felt...Develop more Jim.I like where its going!!!!!
#4August 20th, 2008 · 01:58 AM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
I am only getting it out of one ear... for some reason. Well, teh vocals are in both.

I think it needs more cowbell
#5August 20th, 2008 · 02:00 AM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Oh, I forogt a serious note. Yeah that guitar is the tickle me elmo of guitar music. In that it rocks the fuck out while being acceptable for all ages to play with
#6August 20th, 2008 · 11:40 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
It's a start. It needs work with respect to timing and pitch but with some more time and effort you could develop something worthwhile out of it. The lyrics are simple and pleasing the melody is nice, calm and sweet, and the way you sing it gives it a bit of a looming character which sounds very unique. The guitar playing needs work though. The timing is off in a lot of places and the intro is very long and you don't sound confident, probably because your still unsure what it is you want to play melodically. I'd recommend sitting down with the melody, maybe changing up some of the chords (while preserving the melody) to make it a bit more interesting that I - IV and then working out an interesting intro that you're comfortable with. I'd love to hear it when it's done. Good work, I hope you develop this further.
#7August 20th, 2008 · 02:05 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice start - yup your playing sure has developed well. Quite like the sound of the guitar, but perhaps a tad too tinny!
Vocals are good.  Could be projected a little more, with additional lyrics - but nice sound to your voice (which I think has also developed well).
As far as timing - ok, it's not quite there in places, but you know how to deal with that.  And this is, after all, just a taster of a work in progress.
Looking forward to the finished piece.
Jim A
#8August 20th, 2008 · 10:29 PM
373 posts
China
Good stuff for a roughie... liking the light mood here... good for a morning cup of coffee...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.