#1August 10th, 2008 · 12:04 AM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Running Away From Me

This song is not in a battle

I lied when I said that would be my last song. 6 days remain, and I'm recording like crazy. This is a song about leaving my girlfriend behind when I go to college.

Lyrics:
I see her face in my dreams now
She's always staring back at me
Her eyes long for time to turn
the other way
And hold back tears like the sea

She's running away
Running away
Away from me
I wish that I could stay
wish we could delay
For another week

When we had been a little younger
We had been so naiive
Many years ago it wasn't a problem.
When to ourselves we could deceive.

She's running away
Running away
Away from me
I wish that I could stay
wish we could delay
For another week

She's running away
Running away
Away from me
I wish that I could stay
wish we could delay
For another week

We're alone for the last time now
The moment is veiled in agony
And I'll hope that we'll talk from time to time
Again
But I know it will never be the same
Never the same again.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 10th, 2008 · 01:15 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
When I heard the intro I said to myself: oh my... this is again one of those simple guitar riffs.... Then when the other instruments set in I was surprised by the rhythm. Well done so far. But I dont like the intro... imo the sustain for the solo guitar is too long at 2:40
But the rhythm is so cool...
#3August 11th, 2008 · 12:16 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
ya know at first i was way turned off by the nasal sound but it grew on me fast. loved how simple the drums and rhythm were. that would make for a simple song with good feeling to take over the top live. over all  i like it. a criticism that voice will turn off a lot of impatient people. and the intro gave me a completely different feeling than what the rest of the song did.
#4August 11th, 2008 · 10:42 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Didn't like, and still don't like the vocal delivery because of the nasal quality that ECP mentions above.  But musically this is a really good bit of work.
I'd ditch the acoustic sounding start, and use an electric with very subtle overdrive instead.
The vocals (apart from singing with a peg on your nose) are very nicely mixed in - harmonies especially good on this.
I think the long sustain works with the guitar, but perhaps the guitar sound itself is just a little too harsh.
Very very abrupt ending.... needing a bit more warning there for me.
Overall, however, this is a well constructed and delivered song.
#5August 11th, 2008 · 12:42 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
You have no idea how much I despise my own voice.... I have no idea how to improve it.
#6August 11th, 2008 · 06:22 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Man, I know how you feel. I also hate my own voice, so I respect you for singing....
 The music is cool, and i like the unusual timing, but I agree that it ends too suddenly. How far are away are you going for college? It surely can't be that bad.
#7August 11th, 2008 · 07:13 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Dude, some mature songwriting right there. You're not a vocalist I assume...but you definitely pull it off just with the sincerity. It's good, it fits...awesome. Good listen...depressing, but good, ha. 94%
#8August 11th, 2008 · 08:47 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
SirBorris wrote…
Man, I know how you feel. I also hate my own voice, so I respect you for singing....
 The music is cool, and i like the unusual timing, but I agree that it ends too suddenly. How far are away are you going for college? It surely can't be that bad.

From Dallas to Pittsburgh. 22-hour drive. Pretty far.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 12:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.