Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-08

lkmnlk

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 9th, 2008 · 11:14 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
BTW, does anyone have a clue what those annoying pops are? They are driving me CRAZY.
#3August 10th, 2008 · 01:06 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great song. great vocals
as for th pops I had the same problem, and I changed the soundcard. These ugly clicks and pops are mostly created by onboard soundcards
hope you can work with Bianca lot more. She is very talented. But she cant sing such  low notes as in this song. Give her voice the full range of higher notes. maybe you can transpose this tune to A or B?
#4August 10th, 2008 · 01:34 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
It's not running through a soundcard it is firewire, and my soundcard is a good dedicated one anyway. Could cables be doing that?
It's a dedicated firewire card too, btw.
#5August 11th, 2008 · 12:24 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
Great lyrics and great chord progression... voice is beautiful but lacking a little of the real umph that it has in the middle at the begining
#6August 11th, 2008 · 06:32 AM
373 posts
China
Didn't you post a song before with her?  hmmm, will have to check... Sounding good... Sunday morning coffee feeling going on her... a nice balance of acoustics and vocals.... Yeah, lucky to be working with her... Make some more!!

Hao!
#7August 11th, 2008 · 10:17 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nice clarity with the guitar, actually it's beautifully recorded.... how did you that?  (Oh, I see in your written text it's a well placed AKG at the 12th fret - that said, it's still a very superior sound.)
Once again, I have to say that Bianca has a really lovely vocal timbre - but she's not doing herself (or the song) justice with the delivery.  TK's suggestion about playing this in a higher key sounds like a good idea to me, that will put the song into Bianca's more powerful vocal range (I would suspect).
Keep at it though - there are some good sounds coming at me from you.
#8August 11th, 2008 · 06:35 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
sounds good. I agree with everything said above... The pops could be to do with the audio signal being too loud for the inputs and clipping (in which case, you could record a quieter signal and amplify more after recording), .... but im by no means an expert, Its just an idea. You should ask a pro sound engineer for advice to get the problem sorted out.

Both of you obviousley work well together as a duo... so hope to hear more soon

Ian
#9August 11th, 2008 · 07:00 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Nope there is no clipping on the track, we made sure the levels were appropriate to not distort while recording. I'm going to do some testing soon with brand new cables, I'll get back to you guys on that.
#10August 11th, 2008 · 07:11 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Try to find the source..
-Is it after you render.
-Is it when your playing back too
-Is it in all your other current songs
-Did you try reinstalling audacity and the Mp3 encoder-
-Did you try bypassing fire wire for a scratch recording and rendering a track
-Are you running any background unnecessary processes

You should address this in the recording tab...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.