#1August 9th, 2008 · 01:43 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I Miss You

This song is not in a battle

I Miss You
I put two versions in one track all together. Each version ave the same tempo, chord and song progressions, and lyrics to it (there is no vocals yet recorded). Despite the similarities, each of them sound and feel different. So I'm kinda having a debate on which one I should continue one. Each version start with an intro, verse, prechorus and end on chorus on the track.

v1
sound like dance music, very electronic
would be hard to perform live
a lot of work put in to it than v2
done everything on FL Studio

v2
sound like pop, rock, grunge
would be easier to play live with only 4 instruments guitar, bass, drums, and inclluding the vocals
i just started and  finished recording this yesterday
live guitars were used in the song

Tell me what you like better....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 9th, 2008 · 08:35 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I vote for some kind of melding of the two styles... I realise that they can't be two seperate songs because they are soo similar, but they both have good qualitys. These instrumental versions are a bit repetitive, but if you're adding a vocal track then that won't be an issue. Its deffinatly got potential, so you should keep working on it whatever you decide to do.

Ian
#3August 9th, 2008 · 08:55 PM
373 posts
China
I like eclectic... I think it'd be cool to merge both styles as I like 'em both.... For me, it's about the vox when it comes to a piece like this... If I had to choose than I would have to hear the vox.... nice little ditty going on here!

Hai Ke Yi!
#4August 9th, 2008 · 11:27 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I think this is actually what it should be like..To me what you just did was capture the dynamical build of your song..This I think should be merged into one track even maybe going to the smooth part for one more verse bar towards the end and then one last rocking chorus!Good potential here!!nice job!
#5August 11th, 2008 · 10:53 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Quite like version 1 - don't like the harsh guitar sound in version 2, but agree with other comments that this could be merged into once decent bit of music.
Want to hear vocals, which should tie the two sides together.
#6August 11th, 2008 · 07:08 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Analogue version I like much better, but I think you should keep some synth/keys in it to mix the vibe of the electronic one. This will be an a+ once its gets vocals (?)
#7August 12th, 2008 · 06:33 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
chotto
Well the 2nd version would benefit from live sweaty bare chest drummer, but the vocal is important so my guess  is that the singer would also have to be hot. MMMMM 
Live .......Run with  what backing you need on laptop DJ or even mp3 player pumped through P.A live and play what you can ,but perform strong no shoelace gazing.
Bright and cheery version 1 also needs vocal but my vote on this goes to garage punk band but with electronic elements. 

This is a great idea either way and a good way to get feedback on different arrangements.

well done rap san
#8March 23rd, 2009 · 06:54 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Aaalright. So both versions have some cool elements. I agree with everyone else, find some way to combine the two. All things considered, I like the first one better. But don't let that sway your final outcome...
#9March 23rd, 2009 · 10:28 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I don't think I'll continue working on this one takaminerbb13 *phew* (long name)
a lot of here wanted to hear the vocals, it's just the guitar and my voice.
http://www.myspace.com/rapsmoose
it's the second song
I usually would work with another singer but, it's hard for me to get in touch with my friend so i did the voice. I know my voice sux, but It was done quick cause I really wanted her to hear it. Yea that's the melody that you hear
Yea... it's basically about her lol.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: July 27th, 2024 · 12:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/bandamp/sess_9bq3ivejhg0bs9kqika3nfv3a4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/bandamp) in Unknown on line 0