#1August 8th, 2008 · 10:27 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Hollow Soldier

This song is not in a battle

This is a wee instrumental, a bit on the heavy side. I've been playing around with it for a couple of days and have lost the will to continue playing around with it, so im uploading it more as an idea rather than a finished project. I think the drums sound a bit muffled and cluttered in parts, and i'm still searching for the right guitar tone.

Opinions and feedback are always welcome

cheers

Ian

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 9th, 2008 · 07:48 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
woah! the guitars surprised me when all the instruments came in. I love the orchestrated the instruments, very cool. Reminds me one of those symphonies for movies, games, and orchestra in an amped, more modern, rocked and rolled way. I like it, gotta add it to my playlist. Did you record all that live?
#3August 9th, 2008 · 08:26 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Hey, thanks for the comment. Glad you liked it soo much. Everything apart from the drums were recorded live (in that they are played and recorded track by track, and not programmed)... The drums were programmed on FL.
#4August 9th, 2008 · 08:42 PM
373 posts
China
A nice unexpected turn when the guitar started riffing and the drums started rolling in... I love the build up to this... you're really good at composing and structuring songs!  I rarely listen to just rock music without vox.... Bands like Pink Floyd get away with it for me cause the mood they create between sung songs is wonderful... Digging this piece a lot... has a great vibe...

Hen Hao!
#5August 9th, 2008 · 09:17 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks man. I'd love to be able to introduce vocals into my music, and maybe someday, I will. I think vocals takes alot of pressure off the actual music itself. Songs without vocals have to have alot going on just to hold you're attention. But, for me, I hold alot of respect for people who can write good lyrics and sing.... I find that soo much more difficult.

anyway, thanks for listening
#6August 9th, 2008 · 11:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow Sir Boris..Another real good track..Your actually heading the right way as far as production goes..I hear a bit  of heavy panning on the left side but I think this track has tons of potential!!Awesome job!The guitar tone is workable but is still sounding good man!
#7August 11th, 2008 · 12:03 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Interesting start.  Read others' comments so expecting guitar and drums.... and there they are!
Yup, this is a nice bit of work, and gets a thumbs up from me.
The build up is very good - perhaps a little heavy on the bass tones but no matter (actually, I think it's primarily the drum sounds, which you already say you're not happy with).
Keep working on it... sounding good so far.
Any chance of vocals on it?  That would be a welcome addition.
#8August 11th, 2008 · 03:27 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for comments guys. I'm reasonably happy with this piece, but the more i listen, the more parts I hear that could be altered and changed; the first thing I'd probably change are the drums, they are too hectic and cluttered when all the other tracks are playing. erm, theres no plans as yet to add vocals... unless i get someone else to sing.

Cheers

Ian
#9August 18th, 2008 · 06:16 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Australia
Mate,

Keep this up and you wont need vocals!  Sweet sweet music, sometimes vocals get in the way of the true beauty of the music.
#10August 20th, 2008 · 01:25 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
the intro has a kind of a pink floyd meets santana feel...then you make the song your own...great job
#11September 15th, 2008 · 10:31 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
Hollow Soldier
Great guitar stuff here. Drums are tight. Dramatic sound. Good metal style. Guitar lead sounds abit like Black Sabbath. Good work Ian. Keep working on this one. Something else needs to build in this piece or be added to it. Not sure what? But cool piece man.....jgv
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.