#1August 6th, 2008 · 08:55 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Only Life

This song is not in a battle

Just a little song after not doing really anything musical for a long time...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2008 · 05:27 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hi Jefferson,
a good song! BUT there seem to be some issues that you could have done better. Firstly, the rhytm guitar track is overdriven which spoils the listening experience at th very start. Turn it down a little (providing that the very track is recorded without overdrive) and it should be fine.

I really enjoyed the sound of the guitar, what mic did you use on it?
Your vocal seems to be a bit unsure, but it's very much OK.

I'm looking forward to hearing the remix if you're going to do one

Thanks!
Jim
#3August 7th, 2008 · 09:13 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Hey Jim, thanks for the comments! I added the distortion post, so there's a clean version behind it, and I'm looking at taking the distortion down quite a bit...it does sound better...looks like it was just more of a bad idea than anything else :-) !

I use a StudioProjects C3 mic about a metre away from a wall...as long as I keep the guitar roughly perpendicular to it around the 12th fret, I've been happy with the sound. I do add a little 'smiley' EQ which also helps crisp it up a bit. But you are a master at this type of thing. I really admire your sound (and songs!)

Jeff
#4August 7th, 2008 · 03:56 PM
373 posts
China
I personally like lo-fi music so I'm diggin the overall feel here... Nice little ditty.... yeah, great vibe and feeling going on...

Hai Ke Yi!
#5August 8th, 2008 · 11:00 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
yeah, i like it.The bass guitar is coming through a bit distorted, which is more noticeable at the begining. A very good song all in all. catchy too! The only thing is; its too short! it could go on for another minute easily.

Ian
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.