#1July 22nd, 2008 · 09:54 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
My First Rock-Genre Song

This song is not in a battle

Ok, here's my first shot at composing a punk-rockish kind of song. It may sound "not-too-shabby" on the computer, but when you try and play the chords in real life, they sound horrible. So basically, this song was a failed attempt for me...

Anyways, I just had to post this song up because I finally found out how to convert my MIDI song into an MP3 file.

Hooray!

Alright, I'll be waitin' for suggestions and advice!

--XFactor--

P.S. Obviously, you'll notice a MAJOR difference between my first song recorded with an MP3 player and this song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 22nd, 2008 · 09:59 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
OOPS!!
Oh my

The MIDI went all wrong... The converter messed it up! OH NO!!! 

But reminder - it's MIDI... Horrible format to work with when trying to publish your compositions...

Here's the instrument layout:

Lead Guitar
Rhythm Guitar
Bass Guitar
Drums

The lead and rhythm guitar sounds went whack - so no need to provide advice on improving the guitar sound  because I'm already headway on fixing it.

Keepin' it real.

--XFactor--
#3July 22nd, 2008 · 10:04 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Some nice melodies and harmonies, the intro reminds of the James Bond theme  .

I've had a lot of experience with MIDI, it sounds bad yeah, but that's just MIDI for you. It's a good start, just keep working to the real thing, I mean real instruments and all.
#4July 22nd, 2008 · 10:20 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Man good stuff..I do a lot of midi...Its fun to use when use sparsely,velocities play a real important roll in humanizing lots of the hits on the drums and keys..But as a whole the idea is there ..It sounds like it was well organized too..Some cool drums going on by the way!!!!Did you render the midi as an MP3 and it didn't give you the actual Vst sounds you had on them?
#5July 22nd, 2008 · 11:59 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Ya this would rock if it was real guitars!!
I really liked the break down @ 1:09.
I wouldn't pan the symbols all the way left and right ( or was it right then left?) bring them back just a little more to center.
#6July 23rd, 2008 · 09:43 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks!
It was pretty much impossible to set-up the instrument panning and stuff because I converted my song from a MIDI into a MP3 using a online MIDI converter. I just went ahead and did it, but after, I found out that my snare drum and cymbals were totally different from the ones I was using, and the guitars were completely offset compared to what it sounded like as the MIDI file. Basically, Marino hit it dead on because the ACTUAL song is waaaaaay different sounding than this one.

Alright, many thanks to lAbsolutel, Marino, and Anodyne! I'll be sure to keep your advice in mind when composing a new song!

--XFactor
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.