#1July 18th, 2008 · 04:26 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Aimless
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-08

It's Andrew, my friend and I... we both wrote this song.
Andrew = acoustic gtr
Me, Rap = elec. gtr.
Both guitars and vocals were both recorded on Sonar with added effects and the drums was done on FL Studio and transferred to Sonar to finish it.
A christian song. We tried bringing this song to the youth band i used to play but never had the chance to practice and they didnt want it lol. So its just we that perform this song.
Its kinda messy but w.e... we had some previous recordings but this one is way better. It was just finished this year.
ENJOY!!!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 18th, 2008 · 04:29 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
we need a real drummer!!!!!!!! lol
#3July 19th, 2008 · 12:35 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Hey nice one Rap, like the rawness , very gutsy, considering the drums were programed??? the idea translated ok.
Good energy
messy is ok 2
regards
blakhatz
#4July 19th, 2008 · 02:39 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
idea translated ok?? what do u mean by that?
#5July 19th, 2008 · 09:26 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
This song has great potential. Good job. The electric guitar is the only thing that bothers me hard to tell what notes you are playing sometimes. Vocals off in some spots but none the less it's a keeper just work on it a little.
#6July 20th, 2008 · 12:55 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I guess Blakhats means that even though the drums are programmed the idea was well captured and thus translated into a successful rhythm for the song..Anyways this song has a lot of potential..Is a real good radio song if produced well..Anyways good job!!Some parts still are messy and out of tune..But I think the idea again was captured well
#7July 20th, 2008 · 01:49 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
mmmmhhhh.... listening to your song after being critic and review helped me a lot. I get it now. Yep, I agree. I knew what I was playing, but your right I can't even distinguish between the chords I was playing. I think the elec. guitar had too much distortion.
thanks!
#8July 20th, 2008 · 06:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening and reading.....yes a messy song it is, but it is a good messy song, it's got quite a catchy chorus, if you were to practice and perfect it I'm sure M is right that you'd get radio play, albeit a Christian channel, tis still radio play.
#9August 1st, 2008 · 06:16 AM
373 posts
China
It's got potential to go places... it's rough and messy, yes, but still works.... find the time and place do it again with the right stuff and this one'll rock...!  Good show!
#10August 2nd, 2008 · 05:24 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Aimless
dont get this???????????????sorry but cant make it out at all!!!!!!!!
!such a crap wierd sound.............nothing fits!!!............
out of tune......&&&....time,,,,,,,,,i really tried............but dont think this works...

u have control of the recording technology ...............

now go bak to a sound u want 2 produce........

its like u missed 5 steps

i know this sounds harsh............. but some one needs to say it as it is!!!!

sorry

fish
#11August 2nd, 2008 · 11:42 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
hmmm....... Man fish. That's so rough. lol thanks tho. Yea i know what ur talking about, specially time and tuning with the guitars. Ummmhhhh... For me, if i would have to critic my work i would prolly give a B. Ok here... The time is pretty the instruments sounds like they're together. You could tell that it's both in the same time signiture and same tempo, but i agree bout - tell me if you guys notice any delay or faster time of each instruments being played. It was hard for me recording this. Well, thanks L O L, I love this line " its like u missed 5 steps" hahah
#12August 11th, 2008 · 10:50 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Scratchy and harsh sound to me - with dissonant vocals and guitar added!
The general idea seems ok -construction is generally alright, with a few interesting twists.  The actual recording quality is pretty damn good.
But overall, I think this needs a complete rehash in terms of instrumental sounds and melodic changes.
#13August 11th, 2008 · 07:07 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Pretty well songwritten, I like the feel of it, especially considering you were working with programmed drums. It's a good demo.

You need to work bigtime on your recording equiptment and technique though. The electric guitar is super thin and harsh. Your vocals are clipping a bit, but I like the vocal effect you put on. What stuff are you using to actually record?
#14August 12th, 2008 · 09:12 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
yea... my Sonar 4 and FL Studio 6 have so many potential that i don't eben know, it's not even funny. I use a regular computer mic, not the best equipment but i like how the fact that it can translate my ideas and thoughts into music that you guys can hear. I think if I worked on the sound a bit more it would be slightly better.
    What I think needs to be done to the song is to just redo it, re-record the guitars and the programmed drums into one track. Oh yea!!! Each part of the song, the drums were cut from FL and it was hard for me to put all the cut drum tracks together. I'm gonna have the drum tracks in one single recording so it would be flawless with the timing. And the lyrics too, like I said my friend and I just quickly finished this song, because.... it is hard to write songs. But oh well... I think the lyrics could be better.
    Seriously this forum has make me look at my music differently.
#15August 13th, 2008 · 01:33 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
If you ever get serious about recording...
Hey man if you have a spare 200 bucks go out and grab a Perception 120 AKG and a ART tube preamp, an on-stage boom stand and pop-filter. You'll be recording like a pro in no time. I've used these items in my recordings for acoustic guitar and electric, drums, violin, rap vocals, singing vocals; albiet with a slightly better preamp, but if your starting out this is the stuff you want to grab.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AKGPERCEPTION120
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ART127
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUP7701B
http://www.zzounds.com/item--WHRMC20
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUSASVS6GB
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.