#1July 14th, 2008 · 07:45 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Scarred for Life *DEMO*
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-08

This is the rough draft of my band Black Ice's song "Scarred for Life". Not the album version. Check out updates @ http://www.myspace.com/blackicebaby  . thanks for listening!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2008 · 09:21 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
It starts off well even though the recording doesn't reflect it. But once past the intro it sounds like it was over loading the mics. If you got a better recording I think I could give you better feed back. It's just hard to judge honestly with the bad recording.
#3August 17th, 2008 · 04:27 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not so good really - the timing is really out at the start (well, all the way through really), with the drums varying in tempo and other instruments and vocals just not quite keeping up.
Recording quality is pretty poor too - with an indistinct mix.
Sorry, this one does nothing for me.
#4August 18th, 2008 · 12:22 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well
You guys have come a looong way from the early days on here...

But, yeah, your timing is a little off...  ok, a lot off...  and the recording quality isn't really good... But its much better than what you guys had going on before... You guys are practicing alot, I can tell that... and it's paying off..

Don't give up... EVER... YOu guys do rock... The song has SERIOUS potential... I love it...  Really do...

Just work on the timing, and get a better recording...  What are you guys recording with?

I would love to get the mix better...  That would help this... But please work on that timing.. Like JiminUK said, the drummer has a hard time staying in tempo, which makes it hard for the rest of the band to say in time.. It's the drummers job to keep time for everyone...  So, it's REAL important.. He/she is real important to the band.. Once the drummer learns to stay tight, the rest will be able to follow... Remember, the drummer leads the journey through the song... Keep tight and on course, so the rest wont get lost.. 

JimK
#5August 18th, 2008 · 06:32 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Australia
You need to get a mixing program, so you don't all need to crowd around a single microphone at one time.  Record it in layers, that way you can make the drums as loud or as soft as they need to be, and better still, everything will be in sync.  Trust me, that will make life easier on you, and you can hear yourselves better.  Some mixing programs retail for as little as $80.00, with the investment that you put into your insruments, you need to do it justice.  Have fun.
#6August 24th, 2008 · 02:59 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
I would have to say that you should work on the song a bit more and then record it and see how it sounds keep working.
#7August 25th, 2008 · 10:59 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Great potential! You guys actually rock!!!! i have adjusted the sound settings on my computer and have made it sound a little clearer and it is actually great. just work on the timing though guys.
and i know this is a DEMO so i cant wait to hear more
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 11:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.