#1July 13th, 2008 · 09:48 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Wake Up

This song is not in a battle

Wake Up is a song about the matrix in which we live. It's about seeing through the illusions of religion and popular culture that keep us subdued and disempowered. It's a New Energy, spiritual message about taking our power back by first waking up to the truth. It is meant to inspire consciousness to a greater reality. 

The song contains many atmospheric and synth elements blended with acoustic drums and piano. It has a surreal quality that moves to a definite beat.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 13th, 2008 · 10:08 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
hey getting into this ,nice job with the textures,love the piano vox interplay .
Good production , and recording .
Impressive message too .
well done
#3July 14th, 2008 · 04:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like this a lot. But it's not long enough. It says 'I can take you there and further, show you all those things you never knew you always knew, here is the door, going in and coming out.....but I dont actually know what's on the other side of it.....yet!'   
I do feel a strong lean towards a modern 'Doors' / American Poet / 'tripped out at the dawn of time' style but the vocal doesnt do the old shaman justice.
Tighten up your vocal, make it stronger, like 'I really want you to hear this'! And make the song longer.
Really looking forwards to hearing some more from you.
And a warm welcome to the Amp.
#4July 14th, 2008 · 03:33 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
  Thank you so much for your feedback!

I agree with you kings that the vox do need a lot of work. It's troublesome trying to sing with headphones on when it sounds like the voice is muffled in the skull. I'm still getting used to it, so when I do a few more takes it should get better. I also plan on making the song longer. The 'other side of the mirror' will be fully explored when I lengthen this song and also in other songs that may fit into an album with this one. Thanks again!

Your friend,
Maat
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.