1 2

#1July 11th, 2008 · 09:30 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Antigravity

This song is not in a battle

***HEADPHONES RECOMMENDED***

I kinda wish I could see people's faces when they listen to this and go "WTF is this?!"
Again, this does not in any way fit the mold of a normal song, so IF you've been brainwashed into the verse/chorus/verse mentality, well... you may be disappointed. BUT I like the realm of the unusual, unexplored emotions, strange vibes and uncertain feelings. A lot of my songs tap straight into the subconscious for inspiration, and this is no exception. I think we all should expand our perceptions of music, and understand that, as the language of the soul, it can take many strange shapes and communicate many unexpected ideas.
 I came up with the lyrics AS I sang the song for the first time off the top of my head, which removed 'logic' from the equation and left me with something more interesting. Most of this is that original take. I hope you can appreciate it.

I shot it out into space and you caught me there
Frozen forever in time above the horizon
Vaccuum of space it's all so much inside the spaceship, away
From all the life that's scattered down below
Had you faced the only other option inside
Had you tasted the tablet so full of cyanide
Were you willing to end it all there on that spot
Not geographical, cause that makes sense not
You're upside down
You're inside out again
Open wide
Forever lost inside the spin
You're falling down now
Your face is hurting
Alone in the darkness
Cut - opened up and bleeding
For the wolves to smell
They've got a great smell
Sense, that is
You know - it's done
It's always been done
Down amongst the leaves
Autumn struck

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 12th, 2008 · 06:01 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I love the soundscape you create in the beginning...sounds like a movie soundtrack.  And the guitar that comes in is quite lovely.  Sounds like there's some Floyd influences going on here perhaps?  I like your lyrics as well, vocals are a bit dodgy in spots (off-key) but perhaps you were going for that sound?  The mix sounded good to me, and overall I liked this...would have liked it more if it was longer 
#3July 12th, 2008 · 06:25 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I tried to come up with ways to make it longer, but couldn't find a way to make it work that sounded good.
Yeah the vocals were strange territory, even for me, but like I said I recorded them on the spot as I came up with them, so they were what they were, and I ended up strangely satisfied with them.
Thanks for your input, Spoon.
#4July 14th, 2008 · 09:02 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
mmm I like it. ya the vocals are off a little in some spots. Maybe you could record them again now that you know what to sing. I'm sure you had to practice the guitar riff at least once before you recorded right?
either way I like it as it is a lot.

I hope to hear more. 
#5July 17th, 2008 · 03:56 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
It stimulates great imagry from the very beginning, and then the vocals come in it amplifies it even more. I do agree that there are some minor spots on the vocals that are slightly off but for a off the cuff the whole thing was pretty bitchin.It gives the sensation of walking on a foregin landscape deep in thought. Kudos!
#6July 17th, 2008 · 07:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like this, even as a song ! lol
The beginning is very well done, it sets the scene, screaming from a distance in your ear !
I find the vocal a bit weak in parts, tripped out they must be but even with my headphones on I find it difficult to follow (and appreciate). You put some strength and clarity into it around 2:10, but then hit a bum note.
Like anodyne said (sort of) 'now that you know what it has become, make something of it'
#7July 17th, 2008 · 07:59 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Thank you. Perhaps you could help me out by telling me which bum note you're referring to?
I know the note selection is unusual, but I'm not sure what people are exactly talking about when they say "some parts are off"...
Hmmm...
#8July 18th, 2008 · 02:17 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Interesting puzzle to explain my friend.

What ever 'category' this creation would be filed under , in the big picture , whether it be art or music or whatever, (You say your creations are not songs but are expressions of emotions bla bla etc etc) this 'work' of yours still comprises of 'music' and all the elements that making music has ; tune, rhythm, duration in time, the playing of an instrument (the voice is an instrument), recording, producing, releasing.
But yet it is according to it's creator not a song.
Fine, I'll accept that.......but
Whatever it is , even if you mean to shock there must be harmony and acceptance within it, otherwise it's listened to once , nodded at and left to stand.
Even as a political activist your still trying to entertain me are you not? As an anarchist to the state you still want me to listen and take heed do you not?
So expressing your self with off key notes (which you do have in your vocal rendition) make the piece unharmonious in parts and thus unacceptable to the common man (mind or no mind) and I am a common man, believe me.
Even if its 'not a song' you still make it as if it is and you give it to people 'as it is' and they say 'Hey! a song! But with bum notes', so then you haven't achieved what you set out to do, which is to get people to hear your message, because they hear 'a song with bum notes' !!! 
Put it this way; Even Jonny Rotten had singing lessons so he could puke on people harmoniously and it was accepted ! lol
Or take http://www.eftos.bandamp.com an extremity within himself, the guy could fry your brain and you'd like it ! 
So if you want people to stop and listen you either have to decapitate your self on youTube or you have to 'get in tune' and get those blind little minds to really listen for the light ! 
#9July 18th, 2008 · 07:42 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Uhhh, not to be rude, but what the heck are you talking about?
Where did I say that this isn't a song?? It is obviously a song. Read the info at the top, I clearly say "this does not fit the mold of a normal song" but that doesn't mean it's not a song at all!
Are you thinking of my other track "BuzzKill", which I said wasn't a song?
I mean, I even go on to say "A lot of my songs tap straight into the subconscious for inspiration, and this is no exception." AND "I came up with the lyrics AS I sang the song for the first time."
And I'm not trying to shock either, just approach the idea of emotion and music from a different angle than most others.

And I don't know what question you thought I was asking you in my last post, but the question was "WHAT NOTE ARE YOU REFERRING TO? PLEASE TELL ME."

I wasn't arguing with you or saying I didn't screw up, but I DID say "I'm not sure what people are exactly talking about when they say "some parts are off". So I simply asked for you to point me in the direction of what you're talking about.

Also, I'm not an political activist or anarchist to the state or whatever you said.

Everyone here keeps trying to tell me what I am, or guess what I am, etc...
I'm just a guy. With some music. That's all. Some new ideas that I thought people might want to hear.
If people want to help me out or not, fine, but I don't need or want lectures about how I'm not as perfect as I think I am. I never said I was amazing, incredible, perfect or anything like that. I just have some unique ideas that I think are interesting. THAT'S IT. Why's that have to be such a big deal?!

Anyway, thanks I guess.
#10July 18th, 2008 · 08:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Transfixed wrote…
I'm just a guy. With some music. That's all. Some new ideas that I thought people might want to hear.
If people want to help me out or not, fine, but I don't need or want lectures about how I'm not as perfect as I think I am. I never said I was amazing, incredible, perfect or anything like that. I just have some unique ideas that I think are interesting. THAT'S IT.
Yea! Same here ! 
#11July 23rd, 2008 · 03:22 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
Hey man don't think for one second that songs are supposed to be verse/chorus/verse blah blah....in my opinion music has no formula...you can pretty much do anything you want with it...it's your creation..your expression...and im glad someone sees that too..kudos my friend
#12March 31st, 2010 · 08:17 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Damn you Clint! Everything I hear from you always blows my mind away. You play guitar in a way that i'll never understand or copy. Guess you would say the same for me. Like if you were to use my delay pedal you'd pull something I couldnt because its you. You do that with just simple guitar playing with no or minimal effects. Music is just one big goolash pot and everyone adds their own unique flavor. Only part that could use some tweaking is that the vocals could be a little higher.

cheers!
#13March 31st, 2010 · 10:51 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Great song and sound-scape.
I was expecting something totally weird after reading the description, but this a normal song for me.
The selection of sounds and arrangements are just perfect.
Good job.

> Iszil
#14April 1st, 2010 · 02:05 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
this could have easily been a 13 minute adventure. that was really awesome man. this totally fits the description as a "normal" song for me too

awesome freaking job!!!!  
#15April 1st, 2010 · 04:20 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Yeah man Nice! Cool FX in the background.  Like the Vocals too. Great overall for me. The only ting I could ask for would be to make it longer because I found myself wanting it to continue.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 10:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.