#1July 11th, 2008 · 09:06 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
NeathAllTheSand

This song is not in a battle

***HEADPHONES RECOMMENDED***

As with most of my songs, this is a strange creation. My music tends not to fit well into any categories or genres, so don't struggle while listening to determine "what the hell this is", just take it as it is, and try to feel what I feel.
With my music, I'm trying to transfer emotions and abstract concepts in a new way, which will surely irritate some people looking to define and understand it in a typical music sense. Don't worry about it, it's a mutant entity of the subconscious.

How does it seem to feel
How does it seem to hold
Away from the aperture
We've Untold
Whispering quietly
Our face is ashamed
Neath all the sand we found
Our place isn't blamed
Down in the deepest hole
Trying to light our way
Away from the burning sun
Are we astray
Screaming it quietly
The fire's contained
The reasons explained
Charging on fearlessly
Or are we afraid
A way for the dying world
To call our name
Thundering quietly
We wait for the fall
We're one after all

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 14th, 2008 · 09:08 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
whoa the guitar at the beginning threw me off. I think you could cut that part out.
wow I really like what I'm hearing though. This is something inspiring. I 'd love to listen to this while on a walk at night alone. great mixing.
#3July 17th, 2008 · 04:10 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
United States of America
The resonance of the beat gets you to the core. I freaking love this song. It has so many hidden layers. It almost forces introspection on the listener because of its unique quality.

Though I have to say the guitar part in the beginning, despite several listens, still throws me off...
#4July 17th, 2008 · 04:31 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I like this one. Some of the sounds you implemented are very good..   the mix is decent.
#5July 17th, 2008 · 07:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Clicks and strings! Very cool creation !
It's not something I'd want to listen to (on headphones) too often , the whole track is 'muffled' , except for the clicks and the strings.
I like the stings!
#6July 17th, 2008 · 08:05 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Cool, thanks. I was almost trying for a bit of a claustrophobic, suffocated feel, which I thought fit with the idea of things being hidden, buried, or subconscious. However, if it doesn't come across that way, or just seems "muffled", I may work on that a bit.
#7July 18th, 2008 · 02:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is not the medium of TV, sorry no pictures to guide your dumb soul here, this is sound , only sound, so make it claustrophobic, make the music and vocals 'feel suffocated' and make those clicks sound like the plopping of inspiration in the toads brain.
At the moment it's a muffled song that needs explaining ! 
#8July 18th, 2008 · 07:25 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Hmm... well I don't quite follow what you mean. What exactly is muffled? Is the guitar muffled? The strings?
I know the vocals are tucked into the track as opposed to 'out front', but I guess I'm not clear on what you think is muffled... I thought making it claustrophobic was what I did.....?
I'm not saying you're wrong. Just trying to figure it out.
#9July 18th, 2008 · 07:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If you would have called it "Claustrophobic" I might have got it sooner.
I should have sat down and thought about it more I suppose, it's just that I've got some time, but not that much.
My browsing ear heard a cool concept song with nice strings and pings and things but the rest was a bit.........claustrophobic, but now I know it's meant to be so that's OK.
So why didn't you put it through a reverb and make it sound like it's in the next room kind of effect, I would have sussed it immediately.....no, I would have experienced it ! And not puzzled it.
Any way , never mind , got anything we dont need headphones for ? 
#10July 18th, 2008 · 08:04 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Ha, that's alright. I guess that's the problem with trying things differently...

Umm, well you don't NEED headphones for anything, it's just "recommended". I find personally that I enjoy almost everything more with headphones, especially when there's subtletly or hidden sounds, or textured soundscapes, ya know? Just a suggestion...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 5:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.