#1July 9th, 2008 · 05:47 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Forgotten Nightmare

This song is not in a battle

***HEADPHONES RECOMMENDED***

This song is called Forgotten Nightmare because it resembles the feeling of being asleep, slipping into a nightmare, then waking up and not being able to remember what the nightmare was, but still having that feeling of dread and terror lingering with you.
I imagine the slow building of some sort of terrible or unstoppable force, which describes this song well I think. It is short, but it gets its feeling across nonetheless. Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 9th, 2008 · 09:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That was excellent ! What a clime, and what a fall !
Or was it a fall and a rising ?  
Having heard it I'd say the drums could have come in a lot softer.
Good stuff.
Listening out for more.
#3July 9th, 2008 · 10:52 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Thank you. Yes, I contemplated various ways to bring the drums in, and settled with the sudden, almost jarring injection of a drumbeat... I felt it set the tone for what is to come. You know, you're listening to a soothing piano melody, then suddenly -bang- you're off and running and there's no going back.
Thanks for your input!
#4July 11th, 2008 · 06:23 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Liked the whole thing except the piano ending. Would've felt more nightmarish if you would've ended it right when the hard part ends. Also, since the theme of the song is not remembering the nightmare after waking up, why are you bringing the listener back to the beginning of the dream?
#5July 11th, 2008 · 08:34 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Because that's not the "theme of the song", that's simply how I interpreted it after I made it, and so I named it that. You're not supposed to overthink it, man. Just enjoy it.
#6July 14th, 2008 · 09:26 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
I disagree with Witchwyzurd. I think the piano at the end describes that waking up with a unknown dread from a dream you had very well. I do wish it ended with a evil laugh, just joking man. I liked this one as well. I like the way you mix and layer your music. I liked the how the humming at the end reminded me of beating heart.
#7July 15th, 2008 · 01:30 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
whoaa! that was crazy! it was like a night mare. nice job, but maybe in the nightmare part you could add some demonic laughs and stuff to make it more scary. nice.
#8July 22nd, 2008 · 06:49 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
24 posts
United States of America
kind of reminds me of the matrix for some reason...pretty good stuff
#9July 22nd, 2008 · 10:43 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I like the work here my only thing would be some of the EQ and drums(Mostly snare)and piano(keys)they seem to cancel each other out at times.Aside that the drums also to me sound a bit purposely overdriven... As far as the actual beats played there quite intricate and it goes very well with the rest..Now the thing is that when you fade in this thick wall of sound paned wide on the stereo field the small issue with the eq seems to fade away...So I'm not sure if anything could be really done with this without taking way from the rest...
Anyways this is just how it sounded to me..You seem to have a a good concept of music as an art expression and as you pointed out nightmares can be distorted "remember what the nightmare was, but still having that feeling of dread and terror lingering with you."(hence the clashing frequencies and overdrive)so if going by your narration then it would make sense..

Just one thing I want to point out, we all don't interpret all we hear  same way and for that matter we don't think the same way...So I hope you can take this comment without thinking I trying to change what you do...I respect what you did and can certainly appreciate both the technical and creative aspects of them...
Be well and keep at it..Sounds good to me!
Marino
#10July 23rd, 2008 · 06:59 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I appreciate your guys' comments. Thanks for the feedback!
#11July 25th, 2008 · 12:44 AM
373 posts
China
Damn!  That did get wicked!  Well, I dug how it came back around and warped out... I woulda loved to hear the piano get wicked as well, some crazy layering perhaps picking up the intensity... Good stuff!

Hao!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.