#1July 1st, 2008 · 06:06 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Carbon Baby v1.0

This song is not in a battle

Hey, it's been a while since I've been on BandAMP, so I just thought I'd drop in and submit something. I've been messing about a lot with Drum 'n Bass lately, and this is one of the better outcomes. I'd like to build on this and make it one real long diverse song, but I'm stuck on inspiration at the moment, so this is how it is for the moment.

Hope you guys like it!

WB.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 1st, 2008 · 06:41 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
sugoi xCLnT
W.B
Like the into and then jump to ultra beat ,mixing it up arrangement wise

I imagine Carbon Baby would go down well at happening dance party ,
got the feel of a big one.

With this style you can really take listener on a journey ,longer is the thing .
Glad you submit
arigato
peace
yokoinc

#3July 3rd, 2008 · 07:11 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
Well this is pretty special!!

Lovin the DnB , its the way forward.

Did you use FL for ths?

Gd job sir
#4July 3rd, 2008 · 01:07 PM
373 posts
China
Like two totally different mixes for quality and style... I like the later half better... that crunchy groove sound is sick-o-facstic!
#5July 3rd, 2008 · 06:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Carbon Baby v1.0
as i hear I review................very nice strings........great drop into percussion
its sounding thin BUT all panned central
so it all sounds neutral -----flat to the ear   ..........wot a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!
try playing with eq to make the sounds step out of the mix

NEXT......................

nice fl sweep

2 songs here?

what has this got 2 do with first idea???
getting boring....................yes it is boring............nowt new here???????
ripping sounds are Great!!!!
but nothing to make it different.........no vocals...................why??????
A FEW CHOICE WORDS COULD MAKE THIS A KILLER TRAK!!!!

first section needs vocals to make it great!!!!!

second section needs voacals and seperating from first section to make it work!!!!! HAHA

GOOD STUFF

I LIKE PART 1 BEST .......................REMIX IT????

positive critique i hope

HAHA the fish
#6July 3rd, 2008 · 11:20 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: re: Carbon Baby v1.0
Not every song needs vocals Swordy,you keep mentioning that in many of your reviews..as far as I can tell many of the songs your talking about having vocals don't actually include vocals as genre..Anyway thats my take on this coment
Sorry WBAnyways  ..As far as I can tell WB your technique keeps expanding tremendously..My only suggestion is to work the pan in some instruments in order to get a bit more separation..But in the big picture you did awesome!!
#7July 4th, 2008 · 09:00 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I myself felt that the second part was lacking... something. I've been meaning to try and put some vocals into some songs somewhere along the line.
@fish there's some panning on the percussion, but I can't recall putting too much on the other instruments.
I've got a few (5 or 6) songs lined up so far, that I'm thinking of compiling into an album I can put on Last.fm (or something like that), but I'd probably give the tracks a do-over. I haven't done much in terms of actually finalising my songs, so it'll be good if I could get off my butt and tidy this up a little bit.

Thanks lads. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.