#1June 28th, 2008 · 04:24 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
22 posts
Canada
Utopia

This song is not in a battle

This is the first song I ever had recorded. It was on a CD called Conduct Becoming which rasied money for Cancer research. It was a project run at Mount Allison University in New Brunswick, Canada and is also a National project. The vocals are a little weak. Wrote it when I was quite a bit yonger. Maybe 6 years ago now. I've matured alot musicially but I still dig the song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 28th, 2008 · 11:36 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
Utopia
Hey Andrew, I do like the jazz style your playing here. And your voice sounds great. I was expecting way lower. Is that you playing the drums as well? Sounds like a fun song, glad you got to do something for cancer research. Have a great Day!....jgv
#3June 28th, 2008 · 11:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice arrangement and feel. Hmm.... love the sound of real instruments, bring it back is what I say!!!

I sence a female vocal would go really well with this song, not that there's anything wrong with the vocal as it is, may be if the same vocalist sung it it in a slightly higher key??

Like it a lot, well done!!

Have you any more like this?

Cheers

Denis
#4June 28th, 2008 · 01:42 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
22 posts
Canada
@JGV - yeah it was me playing drums. Thanks for feedback

@Denis - I have some more stuff, but I really need to get some good quality recordings I think If I'm going to keep posting any suggestions on what software is good? I actually had a female BGV on here but somehwere in the mixing process the track was deleted and when I heard the finished track, was rather surprised not to hear it. haha
#5June 28th, 2008 · 02:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Another great track...I enjoyed the listen...Glad to hear this was used for such a beautiful thing...Nice feel on the track...Your vocal performance was great,dint find really nothing wrong on the performance.The recording of it or rather the mix might be a bit workable..Theres some software out there that might work for you(Cubase,Audition,etc)...Theres some people here that get some great vocal performances..I think maybe you could get to listen around and see what you like,get to meet the person via either Pm or the chat and see what they use and do...That might put you on the right start!

Anyways another good song!
M.
#6June 28th, 2008 · 03:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
LOL had a comment in the wait all day...and then it was full...

Roachford , Curiosity Killed the Cat, Fine Young Cannibals...., just going through a list of bands I hear within this beautiful piece.  
I dont find the vocal weak, could have been a touch more passionate on some lines but not weak at all, lyrics are very 'middle of the road' , 'Universal' and safe ! And I dont mind lyrics like that , sometimes, they can still be true.
Whats wrong with the recording? It all sound really clear and wide enough to me.
Yes a nice song. Very cool
#7June 29th, 2008 · 04:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
AndrewLeBlanc wrote…
@JGV - yeah it was me playing drums. Thanks for feedback

@Denis - I have some more stuff, but I really need to get some good quality recordings I think If I'm going to keep posting any suggestions on what software is good? I actually had a female BGV on here but somewhere in the mixing process the track was deleted and when I heard the finished track, was rather surprised not to hear it. haha

You could always ask the female vocalist to sing it again, but as I said and others have mentioned, your vox are OK Dude. And the recording quality is good, I assume you are out to achieve top notch recording studio standard?
Recording is an art within it self, I've been recording for the last two years and through practice, reading, BandAMP, I improve slowly but surely. A successful studio producer I met briefly recently said I should get a good quality Tube preamp [I record generally with real instruments] I purchased one recently, and love it, the vocals in particular have a warmer sound, plus the signal is strong enough to support an acoustic guitar.

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.