#1June 8th, 2008 · 06:01 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Belgium
lot going on
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 2 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-06

i'm gonna shorten the verses. And i'm searching to let the song EXPLODE but it just won't work.. anyone with an idea? i'd like it at 4.28

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 8th, 2008 · 06:16 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Belgium
feel free to comment. Good or bad, i don't care. thanks
#3June 8th, 2008 · 06:54 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
As im listening - this has a really beautiful sound to it.  The vocals are great, but something sounds slightly off with them until the bass kicks in.  Maybe too loud in the mix?  Im sure someone else with better mixing knowledge will add to this for me.  Carrying on - your voice really picks up in the chorus - quite stereophics-esque actually!  Nice!!!!  Mix is definatley better later in the song.  I think it was maybe just a little loud for that first verse/intro.

Drums - everything sounds great except the snare to my ears.  Sounds a little artificial at times. 

Overall this is a great piece of music.  Downloading it for sure.  Few minor mixing issues possibly but nothing to go crazy over.  Good job!!! 

kobeshi
#4June 8th, 2008 · 07:51 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
The piano composition and playing is nice. The sound itself is a little dry though. Reverb! Or just get a copy of Steinberg's The Grand.

Like the vocals, they are a tiny bit too prominent, I agree the chorus is great.

In order to get the song to explode, you need the drums up in the mix for starters. Bung an acoustic guitar in then, double tracked (record the same part twice both sides) and maybe some strings. Cello anyone?

The lead guitar should be louder too.

So, basically, bring the instruments up in the mix. Use a stereo piano with reverb to widen it around the vocals. Get acoustic guitars playing the chords in the chorus. Experiment with strings perhaps too? Give the bass some more "bass" and prominence too.

Those would be my suggestions. I really like the composition and performance though. With full production work this could easily be on the radio.

Maybe we could collaborate? I'd love to produce this lol, could send me all the parts separately and MIDI files etc and I can use the gear i have and lay acoustics down for you with stereo condensors? just a thought. punkrulez@hotmail.com
#5June 8th, 2008 · 08:28 AM
373 posts
China
Love the vox.... the simple drone piano is subtle and nice... Greatly diggin' the mood to this piece... Nothing coming outta left field here, keeping the piece well-balanced... Good show!

Hao!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 1:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.