#1June 5th, 2008 · 04:10 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Wisdom - Brainiac

This song is not in a battle

Hello Bandamp People!

Here some kind of "compilation" of different ideas i had in mind the last few days
I tried to copy and paste them in a manu chao way (like he does live playing all songs in a row)

Please let me know which part you like most and please...if someone can help me with lyrics for parts

please let me konw..so i can make whole songs of the parts

Greetings!
Wissie

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 6th, 2008 · 12:21 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
hey Wisdom..

This sounds really cool and chilled.  The mood reminded me to Augustus Pablo a lot in the begining, and i just kept thinking on a melodica sound instead of the leads you use...  that would be great for my ears 
I also like the almost-dancehall parts. Again, with "less artifitial" sounds it would work a lot better.... although i quite like the skanking all the way.
The ska part sounds fine also, but i didn't like the transition from the previous parts.  And the traditional ska roughness makes me want even more some real instruments.
So, all in all i think that musically you're there. It's just a matter of production 
#3June 6th, 2008 · 05:43 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I like the sound of this song - it's actually pretty cool. Love the transition at the beginning. It worked well. Around 1:25, I think the transition there sounded good too. Around the 6:00 point (somewhere there...?) I think you should try to fill in that gap because it takes away from the song. The MIDI sounds great, and yes, lyrics would be nice.

I think this song can go pretty far, maybe add some more "real" sounding instruments in there, and maybe throw in some dynamic changes, just because it sounds like one volume setting the whole way through.

Other than that, some neat-sounding work!

--XFactor--
#4June 7th, 2008 · 02:20 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well, Not a bad tune...  Unfortunately.. (and this may sound harsh) it sounds like it was written and produced by a computer.  There doesnt seem to be a lick of warmth in the whole tune?  Id like to be able to move to other aspects but i cant get past the how artificial the whole thing sounds..  Perhaps this is intentional?  I know ive had the same issue with your tunes in the past and if it is intentional then please say.  Otherwise, I dont see any applications for this other than video games or the like.  Again, I know this sounds harsh and i apologize..  We've talked before and I have a lot of respect for you, you know that. You have a lot of talent, I just wish you would get over this artificial sound you've got going..
#5June 7th, 2008 · 05:02 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Hey
Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for your feedback so far!

As i notice from all three of you the biggest problem with this piece is the sounds. It's true the sounds are "computerish" althought i think it's not even that bad..can be a lot worse..

It is definatly not intended to make it sound like a computer..but since i have no band around me..via computer is my only posibility to work out my ideas. Í'm using Reason 3.0.

Please let me also know which part you like most....and if you can find any idea for lyrics..please let me know!

Greetings!
Wissie
#6June 8th, 2008 · 05:49 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
Belgium
wow, never heard you before. You're really good. I like the first fore minutes of the song. i haven't got tips or stuff because i have no knowledge about this kind a music, but i do can say that it would sound a lot better with real instruments. Nevertheless... NICE songs
#7June 8th, 2008 · 07:39 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Good arrangement... REALLY wasn't expecting the reggae groove to come in there. love it!

yes the synth sounds are a bit... artificial

...but

the greatest culprits here are the drums, the "woodwind" sounds, and the bass

suggestions:

1) Drums - Always work with good samples, I recommend Toontrack EZdrummer VST. This is the ultimate for crisp 'rock' type drums with minimum tweaking and would suit this nicely.
2) For the woodwind sound, Edirol Orchestral
3) Bass - play it yourself or find a mate who can!!!
4) Percussion - get a couple of condensors in the room and record if you can!!! Again, if not work with samples.

So ya, basically I love this track it has an interesting arrangement, composition and groove. It just sounds electronic because it is! Use sampled or recorded sounds in place of synths and get a real bassist and you're onto a winner here.
#8June 8th, 2008 · 08:24 AM
373 posts
China
The mixing business sounds to be tight... But, I'm not too crazy about the overall sound, either... The little melody sounds just fine for this kind of music... Needs some maturing, me thinks...

Ke Yi....
#9June 9th, 2008 · 01:22 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
re: Hey
Wisdom wrote…
Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for your feedback so far!

As i notice from all three of you the biggest problem with this piece is the sounds. It's true the sounds are "computerish" althought i think it's not even that bad..can be a lot worse..

It is definatly not intended to make it sound like a computer..but since i have no band around me..via computer is my only posibility to work out my ideas. Í'm using Reason 3.0.

Please let me also know which part you like most....and if you can find any idea for lyrics..please let me know!

Greetings!
Wissie

A good getaway to produce more "natural" sounds with computer is to use some samples along with the synths.  Also, tweaking filters and making automation clips helps a lot, in my opinion.  A computer will never fully sound as a band, but that doesn't mean you can produce less cold sounds that flow better.
Just a tought 
#10June 9th, 2008 · 02:23 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah man, I doubt many of us have access to a band..  Marino is a good example..  He does all his stuff with a guitar and a computer..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.