#1June 5th, 2008 · 04:01 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
Nophia (CUYB remix)

This song is not in a battle

ok this is my second remix of cooking up ya brain for a drum and bass remix contest. this ones in a different (harder style) which is not for the faint hearted. im guessing u have to be a real dnb lover to like this one. was trying to get the style of noisia or calyx which is every dnb producers aim as its so hard to do and so complex. mines not there yet but getting there. anyways the song at the moo aint long enough to enter so need sum ideas to lengthen it with out it getting to boring. also is it to bassy?/trebl? i aint got this mastering thing down yet and also was seem to get the eqs wrong.

cheers in advance

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 6th, 2008 · 12:07 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
hey
Hey man!

Sure like this track!
But it needs some more attention with the mixing/mastering part...it sounds very flat and bassy..clear it up a little.

Length is quite good...but you might wanna extend the ending a bit...try to build it off longer..like continuing a few secs with only drums and then the final part.

Keep working on this one!
Greetings!
Wissie
#3June 6th, 2008 · 12:18 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
cheers man will do!
#4June 7th, 2008 · 02:59 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
LOL! I didnt have any problems with the mix...  Nor did i with the production. This is some serious sh*t!  As a fellow tech head, it kind of bothers me when people outside the genre try to critique the production aspect of my tunes...its one thing to comment on the mix or or different aspects that did or didnt do it for you...  but if you dont produce DnB then please, and with all due respect, dont tell me how to produce it.  This is a mean tune and i would kill to have a screenshot of it, better yet send me the whole file so i can dissect your technique and assimilate! LOL! only joking!  RESPECT! This is for those that know!  Keep it up, mate!  And do it how you do it...  mix advise is one thing...everything else should be you!
#5June 8th, 2008 · 07:30 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
wow, this is tight

you've really got the arrangement down, I love the breakdowns between sections and the interesting sounds you've come up with

as a rock producer I know how hard it is to arrange and compose "good" DnB as the two are completely separate worlds. I have a mate who is really into DnB (recently went to drop beats not bombs in birmingham - mashup hahaha) and she wants me to try making some but it takes some time to learn. what software do you use? reason?

actually, I'd agree with Wisdom a little bit. the bass frequencies are a bit boomy and lack focus

the problem you are going to have here is the live performance. as you know, when you listen to DnB live you get a certain impression of the sound. It is very "wide" from bouncing off the walls and the bass sound is very boomy and reverberated because of the natural surroundings.

without doing it conciously, you have actually mixed and mastered your DnB to "sound" live. this will mean that, when it is actually performed live (the bigger the venue, the worse this will be), these traits will be accentuated and your mix will sound muddy and lack focus.

I suggest you review your mixdown and mastering process with this in mind. don't fall into the trap of too much stereo widening and reverb. by all means use them but too much of them does NOT translate well into a live DnB performance. your beats will lose clarity, and your synths will just swirl around the room in a great big stereo mess.

perhaps Minds will disagree with me, but I personally feel the above is important

hope it helps!! overall your composition, arrangement and general mix are top notch - just need the balancing work i've described imo.

PS. If you're mastering on headphones this will also make these problems worse.
PPS. If you're new to mastering, I can help with that after mixdown. send me a PM.
#6June 8th, 2008 · 07:53 AM
373 posts
China
I dig DnB.... I'm no TECHhead, but this is sounding f*ckin' awesome to me....

Fei Cheng Hao!
#7June 8th, 2008 · 11:32 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
thanks guys. i get what you mean dave i have cleaned it up alittle. the new version can be heard at www.myspace.com/reaxiondnb but i think it can still be cleaned up a bit more
#8June 8th, 2008 · 05:46 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
No Dave, you're advise is sound as a pound..  Its when you start telling me how to structure the tune that i have a problem....
#9June 9th, 2008 · 07:44 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes! It is SERIOUS mean shit dude !
Totally excellent.
I find it very 'exciting' like it dont want to let you go , it just keeps on smacking yer brain around from wall to wall!
I'm no producer but listening and reading I can relate to Daves comment of it sounding live now but if played live it would sound muffled.
Really loving the mix 'hot as hot can be', excellent sample and sound work.
Make it 15minutes long 
No download for members, POO! Playlist then or even Wavelab!!
#10June 9th, 2008 · 05:19 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
just got out of the car where i listened to Kruder & Dorfmeister, i'd say Dave Uk gets you a golden tip here, this sounds too 'live', (i wont go into details as a rocker :p )

more important is that this piece is not disappointing at all played right after K&D

(i think thats a compliment)
#11June 9th, 2008 · 07:43 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
sugoi
Thanks mr p my little creature monitors are lying here now panting & gasping with there tongues hanging out ,wow Hot samples &mix.
reminds me a little of the   fat boy slim  .
There was one sample , the wooo wooo  frequency slamming around , listened in mono on and it settled a bit
very punchy very tight

very cool
thankyou for sharing
yokoinc

#12June 9th, 2008 · 07:55 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
thanks
cheers all for ur comments, have taken all comments on board and have re mastered the song to be a little less wide to take being played live into account.

the song has been entered into a contest at www.back2you.co.uk which closes on the 30th june and voting opens shortly after. i would love it if you would check out the site and put a vote in for me (under the name reaxion). if u like mine the best of course. the standard is pretty high and there will be loads of different sytles of dnb and breaks being entered.  i know its still a few weeks off but if u guys remember it would really help me out.

thanks again for the comments. they really have helped prefect the track

peace all!
#13June 9th, 2008 · 07:58 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
52 posts
United Kingdom
ps
ps i am celebrating my first realease with the song defunct process which was on here way before getting signed! cant beleive it really..since being signed all i hear is a bad mix and loads of mistakes.

anyways its on Wreked Records Worldwide and will be on sale in juno.com shortly and on vinyl in the near future.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.