#1June 4th, 2008 · 04:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Go With The Flow

This song is not in a battle

Firstly appologise for not being on the AMP for a while, just got composer cramp for too long, hence if I don't get any new ideas to work on I get  bored, fed-up. Think I was getting too bogged down with the technical side, so now trying to get a good ballance.

Hence the title of the song, I went with the flow, the rhythm part where I'm singing is unusual, but I 'went with the flow', [pardon the pun]

Because it's so weard, I couldn't find a drum pattern to go with it, so I bashed out the drums on my Yamaha keys ,freehand, one track Cymbols the other Bass drum and snare. Also after playing guitar some 30 plus years with a pick, I tried my fingers, so the dynamics are not brillient, but I like the sound. and Yes there is a real flute playing.

It needs a little editing and Eq work.

Let me know what you think please

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 4th, 2008 · 04:11 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is pr pr pr pr pretty nice one
lets me tap my feet and swing my fingers across the table
bit sad but what the hell. is it all you?
#3June 4th, 2008 · 04:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Yep it's all me, Confused about you saying 'sad'?? are you refering to the music or me having a dry spell

Cheers
#4June 4th, 2008 · 04:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Go With The Flow
HEY................i just tripped over this............

REAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

live to a point........... fantastic ............ its fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx denis

kersplash

the fish
#5June 4th, 2008 · 05:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Go With The Flow
swordfish wrote…
HEY................i just tripped over this............

REAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

live to a point........... fantastic ............ its fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx denis

kersplash

the fish

#6June 5th, 2008 · 12:13 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Hey, very good one!
Freehand drums with the keyboard... that's sure difficult to do. At one or two points I do hear a couple things about that, that could be edited, yeah, but still it sounds very good.
I personally don't find it "sad", as Triton says. It has a lot of motion. I love the sound and the style in it.
Definitely, I think that, if you were able to find that drum pattern, it'd be just perfect, for a 100%. As it is, I'll rate it high anyway. Feels great. Congratulations for your great job!
#7June 5th, 2008 · 05:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Yep it's all me, Confused about you saying 'sad'?? are you refering to the music or me having a dry spell

Cheers

sad that I was lying in bed with my laptop on my knees (dont worry I'm fine) and I couldnt hear it on my big PA... but today is a brandnew day and I'll do it soon
#8June 6th, 2008 · 05:54 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
That's some real nice work! I've been a fan for quite awhile - hard to find good jazz music on the radio. But then again, who needs radio when you've got this! The only thing I would change about this song is changing the flute to a different instrument. Maybe clarinet or alto sax. I guess I'd only want the change because I play the clarinet myself. 

And again, great sounding song, with a smooth ending at the end; it fades out well.

Hope to hear more.

--XFactor--
#9June 7th, 2008 · 08:50 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Quite amazing Denis,enjoyed the changes and flow of the production..Your flute playing has become real tasteful too...Very good job Denis.A very good listen!!!!!
Rated!!
A
#10June 7th, 2008 · 01:43 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Denis wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

Cheers

sad that I was lying in bed with my laptop on my knees (dont worry I'm fine) and I couldnt hear it on my big PA... but today is a brandnew day and I'll do it soon

Thanks for puting the record straight, hey there's always a good set of earphones LOL
#11June 7th, 2008 · 01:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
BIG THANKS TO ALL
Thanks for all your kind comments everyone, it makes me want to create more like this!!!

CHEERS

Denis
#12June 7th, 2008 · 02:23 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Wow, excellent production! The whole thing is seamless! A beautiful tune!   Great work, Denis!
#13June 8th, 2008 · 07:42 AM
373 posts
China
Yeah, a great feel to this... finger snappin' all the way... some great drum rolls and breaks would top this thing off fantastically... good stuff!

Hao!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.