Too many times before
Now I can't believe
Your stories any more

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 1st, 2008 · 08:29 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Why the autotune?? ..Such a great track no need for that effect....Really awesome track but the autotune just starts getting old!!!Anyways if you guys like it well,then is your choice but to me it kills what could be a great track!Still a great collab and an excellent potentially awesome track!
#3June 1st, 2008 · 09:02 AM
373 posts
China
Poppy!  Still think those vox need to get a bit higher for me to really dig this track...  Music is mixed alright, but not too meaty... But it's great seeing the progress you've made with this track thus far!  Good show!
#4June 1st, 2008 · 02:12 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Why the autotune?? ..Such a great track no need for that effect....Really awesome track but the autotune just starts getting old!!!Anyways if you guys like it well,then is your choice but to me it kills what could be a great track!Still a great collab and an excellent potentially awesome track!

Aww .

I liked the autotune effect I thought it sounded cool and didn't dominate the sound too much =/. Maybe because you've heard it in loads of other songs and you're fed up of people using it? lol. I dunno. Thanks anyway .

jackfancy wrote…
Poppy!  Still think those vox need to get a bit higher for me to really dig this track...  Music is mixed alright, but not too meaty... But it's great seeing the progress you've made with this track thus far!  Good show!

Thank you .
#5June 1st, 2008 · 02:38 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice Collab...good work here guys...

Flyer

Rating high
#6June 1st, 2008 · 03:16 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Actually is not that I heard in loads of songs, is more like I heard it loads of times in this song...As I said though if you like it that's cool with me.
#7June 1st, 2008 · 06:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If the 'Autotune' / Cher vocal were better controlled it might work for the better, it causes disordered 'ripples' mostly but it does work sometimes, cuts the vocal, emphasizes the end of a vocal line (a word) in time with the song.
Less is more.
Your voices are good together and I really like the music (instruments [nice one Jim + SongMastering.com])
I really like this song but now listening for the third time theres definitely too much Cher going on.

But then too much can be a good thing though, as my Auntie Mabel would say, at least it's there and all it needs is a little less, and you always keep a little over for later on.
#8June 3rd, 2008 · 01:43 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i have to apologize to Pete for making this song take so long-- with all the other things that kept getting in my way, it took me so so long to get some real work done on it.

it was a good learning experience for me, too, as I got to know my software better.  I've never really worked with other people before, unless you count the silly band I was in back in the tail end of highschool :P  And a couple of individual projects with Ampers.

Anyway.. point is, it's a good experience to work with someone else who's idea/style is different than your own.  There were times when something I tried didn't fit the vision that Pete had, and maybe vice versa, but in the end my goal was to have the REAL artist (Pete) be satisfied with everything I'm impressed.  I haven't yet hammered out any such demo tracks as what he's produced for that songmasting.com website.

I wish I could have redone the vox once more for my own part, but I don't have my equpiment back from transit yet!

It was fun!  I just need to burn the project files off to a cd now!  It's a friggin huge beast of a folder!  There were..what, 6 versions?

See you all around
tls
#9June 3rd, 2008 · 01:46 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
jackfancy wrote…

"higher" as in pitch, or volume, do you think?

as for the "meaty" part, i know what you mean.  the songmastering.com guys actually had the bass and drum track in the same mixed-down file.  i could only do so much with the EQ on that track.  I basically took their files and did some more to it.  I helped redo it a bit, with some guitar tone tweaking, but I really was limited by the tones they had all decided on when they made their recordings.
#10June 3rd, 2008 · 07:22 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
I think you did an amazing job 

thankyouuu 

lol yeah loads of versions but we got it in the end!

yeah it was annoying how they had the bass and drums in the same track, but I think you did really good considering that!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.