#1May 28th, 2008 · 05:22 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Home Brewed

This song is not in a battle

Wow long time haven't been here (day job duties :/) and what a wonderfull songs have been posted around. We'll have to spend couple of days listening
Now here it is the latest piece I am working on. Vocals pending some arrangement changes and solos, as well - that's it for the "disclaimers"
Hope you'll like it
Niki

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 28th, 2008 · 01:22 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good rocky intro... nice guitar sound, and great drums - crash cymbal perhaps a bit too high in the mix though.
Definitely needs the vocals, but this is a well constructed and well played piece of music.  Loads going on - very classy choice of instrumental sounds all round.
Not overly keen on some of the speed licks - it sounds like they've been put in there to show you can play really fast! And the end needs work I think too - the rest of the song drives onwards all the time but it kind of fizzles out at the end.

This has lots of potential - the addition of vocals could really bring the song to life.
Good work, I'm looking forward to listening to the finished version.
#3May 28th, 2008 · 07:43 PM
373 posts
China
Interesting meltdown at the 1:30ish mark... Solid lead guitarmanship... Waiting for the vocals...

Hai Ke Yi!
#4May 30th, 2008 · 03:36 PM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks for listening and the good words:) Definitely will be skipping some of the solos and those will be replaced with vocal lines (hopefully - singers are strange breed ...and my experience is that you can rarely count on 'em).
#5May 30th, 2008 · 05:37 PM
11 posts
United States of America
The drums were excellent. I could use a drummer like that. The guitar sounded well and vocals good too.
#6June 2nd, 2008 · 01:25 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks. I do hope that the vocals will sound gound (there aren't any right now ).
I do agree on the drummer comment - I wish I could have Tomas Haake as my drummer, as well, but since I can't - that is Toontracks EZDrummer virtual instrument with the inbuilt samples of his drumkit, as well as some grooves included in it (most of these programmed/played by him)
#7June 2nd, 2008 · 07:42 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Nice!
um, it hada very full sound and nice drums.

how do you set up to record?  and what do you use to mix the song?
#8June 3rd, 2008 · 02:19 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks for the listening

It is realy quite simple - have a great guitar (custom basswood body), amp (custom hi-gain), 2x12" cab with Celestion V30 speakers and just put a Sennheiser e906 mic in front of it, then it goes to a Neve style preamp (SCA N72) and into RME audio interface to my computer. Double track it for left and right. And I use Magix Samplitude DAW for mixing, built in effects plus some www.voxengo.com plugins, with some old tricks.
And of'course the arrangement plays very important role as well.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.