Nothings Free

This song is not in a battle

...everythings 99 cents.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 13th, 2008 · 08:45 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
The mix could use some work..I have my problems with mixing myself..lol...its not really all that bad ..just need to work on it some...I think your vocals needs to more up front...and the tapping put in to the back a little..all in all though...good work...

Flyer

Will rate
#3May 13th, 2008 · 03:08 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United Kingdom
i agree, the recordings not the best.

Needs work.....not a lot but defo needs it.

Effort sir
#4May 13th, 2008 · 07:03 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
Yeah the recording quality/mix isn't the greatest (did it on a 4 track cassette recorder) and i usually try and go for a lofi kinda sound. With that said any input on the song itself?
#5May 14th, 2008 · 07:50 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
I think the drums are a bit to straitforward and repetative. It could use some extended breaks. The rhythem guitar is also to repetative. Fit a bar or two in where the sequence is broken up. This always does wonders to the listenalbility. Also a contrasting section would be to my liking. The piece goes on the same, with hardly any instrumental changes. It could be the mixing but the mood is quit flat, also do to the repetiveness and lack of sections. I know i'm harsh here, keep in mind that this isn't realy my type of music so that my comments wouldn't be to rosery anyways. I hope you will understand i mean to be of help, it'sd ment to be constructive critisimn.
#6May 16th, 2008 · 01:42 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Besides the recording quality, the bang on the offbeat is very distracting from the lyrics and the rest of the song in general... perhaps it would be better at certain interludes in the song.

I like the bass's sliding octives around :40 though

Good Work
#7May 16th, 2008 · 06:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Nothings Free
i reeeeeeeeeeeeely like th start

ok its a ruf recording.............

but nice ideas........
it works for me
just work on the sound a bit

more please

the fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.