Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-05

Dark Orchestral

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 8th, 2008 · 01:55 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I like the contrast between the breakbeat like rythm and the orchestral sounds.  I think the piece is a little abusive of disharmonies though.  It lacks a reference point for the listener.
#3May 9th, 2008 · 10:31 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Dark Orchestrial is what it is. It's well put together.

There are many layers, perhaps a remix so they separate better, or even cut some out??

Cheers

Denis
#4May 9th, 2008 · 03:19 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
It's very original i must say. I think i had worked as an modern "classical" piece. The voice and drums put me off a bit, but that's my taste. It's quit incomplete as for now i think. You set up a harmonic structure and ended it without resolving or giving direction. I'd say either expand the piece with a constrasting section and/or develop it futher or give more direction to the harmony you already have. Eventhough i have some critics i think it's a orininal, well crafted piece, it's just not finished in my opinion.
#5May 9th, 2008 · 06:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Lanium
this is ok...............fish............aaaah you did me after a while..............I still love to not like your stuff. ......musically.
i understand 'music is the organisation of sound'...........i live by that ethos...so this well done ................. but..........if u want to lock into de construction of music genres...this is tame
movie music.........................haha
works well !!!
love

the fish
#6May 31st, 2008 · 11:48 PM
2 threads
6 posts
United States of America
odd
Dude, when I can hear individual tracks it sounds good, but they all mush together and it becomes nothing but noise...   I'm usually a fan of electronic music, but this needs to be cleaned up.

Once a composer told me that, "You should never have more than three things happening at once," and I think that statement applies here, three things doesn't mean that you can only have three tracks, it means, maybe only strings, a drumbeat, and voice. Or any three events. You seemed to just throw some tracks together, but this genre, in my experience, is all about presence. How loud or soft something is. Or how fast it is. You get it.

Add more development, and try to give the listener something that stands out that they can focus on.
I may be overreacting, because of my taste, but the track sure sounds muddy during some parts

But, pretty good choice of tracks for the most part
#7June 1st, 2008 · 12:32 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Not your best work IMHO sounds like a whole bunch of samples stuck together...You usually have quite unique stuff but still retains musical integrity and usually awesome stuff I might add.This one falls a bit short from your other work..The mix is also a bit all over the place compared to you other work...Sounds like you did this for fun and without any musical expectations..
#8June 1st, 2008 · 09:10 AM
373 posts
China
It does come and go, doesn't it...?  Well, it's good for one listen for me.... then I've had enough...
#9June 1st, 2008 · 12:08 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Eftos. The twilight zone man...I actually liked this one a lot Eftos...I went in my space Odyssey mode. It took me on a journey. This is ground control to Major Thom

Flyer

will rate
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.