#1May 3rd, 2008 · 12:09 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Brand New

This song is not in a battle

This is a little tune dedicated to my week old little boy. Daddys Hot Chip album was playing in the car on the way home from the hospital, I really like them.
Anyway, Dylan Bear Robinson was born on the 26th of April at 9.27am and weighed 7lb8. I only had entonox which they took away right at the most painful bit, and I didn't need any stitches.
I had to stay in hospital for 3 days to establish breast feeding which totally sucked and really stressed me out because he just wasn't getting it and all the midwives kept telling me conflicting things and messed about with my boobs loads. For some reason, he just can't get on and stay on, which is a shame really because I've got so much damn milk coming out of me, I feel just like a cow. I did all the right things, skin to skin after birth and all that, he did it then and a couple of times after that with a struggle, but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle so i'd express instead, which thinking about it probably works better for me in the end.
He's so beautiful, I can't believe he actually came out of me! Daddy is a complete natural and can change nappies way faster than me. He's totally smitten and we've gotton to a whole other level of closeness. my family say i'm coping really well and that this 'silly thing' i did might just end up being the making of me. all i know is that its the first time in my life that i'ive felt proud of myself and i'm the most exausted and happiest i've ever been.

P.S,  about the song, i was using my brothers bass heavy headphones so im not quite sure how it'll sound to everyone else. i didn't really put alot into it but im trying to get back to where i was, slowly by slowly...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 3rd, 2008 · 05:34 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Hello

Congrats!

I like this picture the best:

As for the song I quite like it .

Fruityloops? If so then you're wayyyyyyyyy better than me at using it lol.

Where do you get you're soundfonts?
#3May 4th, 2008 · 05:25 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
First off, congratulations!  I know they're problems and whatnot, but your recounting of the last week or so was pretty damn hilarious.  I hope the three of you are happy, healthy and loving life at this moment.  Cute baby pictures.  I like Peter's fave--totally agreed.  Anyway, good for you!

As for the music: A very mellow track.  Solid grooves, but the weakness in the track is that it lacks focus.  That's not to say the individual elements aren't great, but that as a whole, they leave me wanting a "conclusion" musically.  Subconsciously, that may be something intentional from you, I don't know; however, it's my only real gripe with the track.

When the beat kicks in at 1:33ish, panned way wide, that was awesome.  Then the pan flute style instrument at 1:50ish, following the buildup...great, great stuff.

Looking forward to being back here.
#4May 4th, 2008 · 02:30 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Congrats to you for Dylan's birth and well done - he looks lovely.  And on the positive side, you'll be awake so much over the next few months that you'll have plenty of time to create even more music!!! lol.

As for the song, well you are a fruity diva, that's for sure!
I get what Avi means in that it lacks a bit of focus, but I wonder if that is simply that this would be greatly improved by you adding vocals - to me, it just needs a vocal line to lift it and give it direction.  I guess 3 days after giving birth, you're just pleased to have created anything, and the thought of getting up and singing doesn't sit too well with you!
Overall, however, I really liked the sounds you created and the constant forward momentum that the music has.
Good stuff. I enjoyed listening.
#5May 4th, 2008 · 03:10 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Jiminuk wrote…
I get what Avi means in that it lacks a bit of focus, but I wonder if that is simply that this would be greatly improved by you adding vocals - to me, it just needs a vocal line to lift it and give it direction.

Touché--that would work too.
#6May 4th, 2008 · 06:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yeah some vox would pull this together nicely...But it is awesome still!!!Congrats on the baby!!!Wish all of you well!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.