#1May 2nd, 2008 · 08:41 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Coming Back

This song is not in a battle

I thought I'd celebrate coming back to BandAmp by uploading a song.  I't a simple ditti that really started as a practise for prgramming the drums.  Musically, this is a play around in A - so far this is what I've got.
I do plan to add vocals, but for some reason words escape me at the moment, so there are no lyrics written.

Let me know what you think

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 2nd, 2008 · 09:21 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I'm liking the sound to this (listening as I type)...nice intro into a decent change of pace..Can't wit to hear you sing this to some killer lyrics, Jim....Its does sound a little bit like your one song to a small extent..I can't remember the name...But I love that song...I'll do a edit because I have to go to your music page to find the name of it...

EDIT::::

Oh yes..A lighter Shade is the song I'm referring to...Nice work Jim...looking forward to more from this one !!!

Flyer
#3May 3rd, 2008 · 03:22 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Sounds very good   Great way of coming back. Me too, I don't see the time to listen to it with the voices added, although as it is I like it too. Rating now. Also, thank you for your comment on At Daydream Time!
#4May 3rd, 2008 · 06:12 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I troroughly enjoyed the composition and the tone of instruments, Jim. If it's a drum machine, it sounds great! What brand is it?
I hope you'll post the final soon. I can't wait to hear it!
#5May 3rd, 2008 · 03:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice song Jim,love the drumming..You did a great job here..I like that synth underline too..The guitar and bass tone are excellent....My friend this is a great coming back song ,hope to hear it finished soon...

Glad to see you back...
M.
#6May 3rd, 2008 · 11:45 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
I like this a lot.

The tempo changes flow very well. Great guitar playing. The drums aren't too bad either, good job on that. I know it can be pretty hard programming drums.

I would love to hear some vocals on this.
#7May 4th, 2008 · 02:13 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks all for your comments... the vocals will follow when I've got the lyrics sorted!!!

As far as instrumental sounds, well the drums are the LM7 plugin that ships with Cubase, the synth underline is also a Cubase plugin (but off hand, I don't remember which), and both guitar and bass are my Variax recorded through the Pod XTL.  Simple stuff really.

Ralph, yes I can hear the similarity between this and Lighter Shade of Blue - I think it's the bass line that does it; I'm not a bass player, so what ever I do is fairly simplistic seem to have very similar musical progressions.

Hey ho, c'est la vie
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.