#1April 27th, 2008 · 04:06 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Enigma

This song is not in a battle

More ambient goodness.

Recorded in the 90 degree San Diego heat. Used my keyboard and FL 7.

My personal favorite. I think it turned out pretty good.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2008 · 05:47 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
It's put together very well, and I can see how you had a pyramid effect by adding different stuff to the middle then coming back down; from 1:44 to 2:43 its a little weird and really off key from you had going, but it's all personal preference.  Well Done- Dan |PotC
#3April 28th, 2008 · 12:48 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
I like the way it builds. The drum seems a little too programmed but thats probably how it was supposed to sound. I liked it maybe throwing some lyrics into it would be cool.
#4April 28th, 2008 · 05:34 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Enigma
nice build up..............
very gentle................piano sound a bit clunky.......
layer building change to electro sound nice............
discordant layer.........
bak 2 piano
its got all the elements of a nice trak just a bit repetitive......
if u got fl7 why not double layer the drum track with an fpc trak and knok in some death defying bass....

haha the fish

i vote
#5April 28th, 2008 · 11:19 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I enjoyed how your layers counterpointed each other..I also liked the drumming..There's a bit of noticeable difference on the levels of each drum loop.The piano sounds real good.Not sure about the contrast in the atonal arrangement,but somehow I think I hear what your doing...Its a pretty intricate song story for a very simple melody..Good show!
#6May 1st, 2008 · 02:08 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The varying tonal influences in this one make it an interesting listen despite the very simple melody line.  I really like the dissonant piano in the mid section - it adds a little weirdness that fits well to my ears.
The whole piece is, as it's intended, nicely enigmatic
I enjoyed listening.
#7May 1st, 2008 · 08:44 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
The clunky piano part near the middle was meant to be a bit out of tempo. I guess you could say it's a tribute to the band Air.

The first drum loop is from FL, but the others you hear were done by me, though I added some effects to them (which is probably why they sound 'programmed').

Thanks for the feedback.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.