#1April 26th, 2008 · 01:39 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Makeshift Hotrod
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-05

Pop and Acoustic with some auto-tune, it's just an upbeat song.  Enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2008 · 07:11 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Excellent song,voice and production.I would kill a bit of the auto tune,to much takes away from an otherwise awesome song.I bit less would have a better hook.Welcome to the amp!
#3April 28th, 2008 · 12:38 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Good song. Good production quality. I sort of agree with marino that the auto-tune took something from it though. Probably cut that back a bit although I guess kid rock and other artist have done that successfully like a decade ago. Good job though and welcome to the amp. Check out my songs and tell me what you think if you have the chance.
#4April 29th, 2008 · 02:48 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
I like it as it is. It's a very nice song   The instrumentation, from my perspective, has to do with the auto-tune effect, so it's good. I think the guys are right anyway in that it maybe could be taken out from some places. I can't easily imagine the change, though. When you sing "uh, oh", for example, I believe the auto-tune definetly has to stay!  So it all depends.
General: very good, PotC     Rated!
#5April 29th, 2008 · 04:02 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
I don't like that auto-tune. I'd rather hear a bit off off-tune singing than all those ugly computed pitches.

The song, however, I like. The synth sounds are nice with the acoustic guitar. However, the auto-tune adds too much of a synthesized computer-ey sound.
#6April 30th, 2008 · 07:09 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I really like everything about this song- except for the mix...I found the mix a little hard to listen to. I think that the drums need to be dulled a little bit - to my ear they sound a little too crispy and bright...and that highat? feels like it's hammering into my left ear (it drives just a little too much).  I like the sound of the vox - they just need to sit back in the mix a little more (maybe a little less volume).

Anyways - what do I know about mixing? 
#7May 1st, 2008 · 04:33 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Composition wise this is a pretty nice song.  Really don't like that auto-tune though.  It spoils the vocals, which I'm pretty sure don't need it!
I agree with Spoon about the mix, there's something not quite right about it - the drums are too prominent, and I think the synth is too loud too.
It's close, but not quite close enough
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 10th, 2024 · 11:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.