United Kingdom
The Sun is Shining[remix]
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 2 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-05

Remixed from previous upload  http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/6348.html

Raised vox
fattened Eq on vox
Reduced reverb, plus changed reverb type.

Hopefully my friend Mike Mckenzie should be adding drums when he's set up his apple mac/logic and learned how to use it.

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2008 · 05:36 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very warm recording...The intro was a bit misleading ,not sure why...I guess from the drop before the acoustic picks up.Great hooking song.....Great vocal performance...Love the scale unison arrangement!Awesome job!It would have been nice for the drums no do those punches too.
#3May 1st, 2008 · 01:38 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
likin this track mate, really good recording, the drums are great and as marino said the vocals are awesome, really happy bouncy vibe so suits the theme only thing think i can find wrong with it is the crash is always the same, dunno, just me being ultra picky, takes the realism away from the drums, the lead guitar is niiiice... awesome stuff as usual dont expect anything less, it's been a while, hope your well
#4May 1st, 2008 · 11:49 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Denis.. you did a good job on this buddy...your recordings always sound very pro and top notch...I'm liking the flow of this one...your vocals kick butt...very much in your element..nice work

Flyer

Will Rate
#5May 2nd, 2008 · 05:29 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great stuff Denis - this is very well put together.
Recording and mixing are top notch
The playing is excellent
Vocals are great, very impressive vocal delivery actually.
The drums are the only downside to me, as they're currently a bit "samey"; that said, you already suggest that you're going to get the drums sorted so you're obviously already aware of that.

I really like this one
#6May 4th, 2008 · 05:36 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
You keep faithfully emailing me your tracks, and I never have any time to give you a critique.  My apologies, truly.  I'll try make it up here:

Let me take the track as a whole: I loved the surprise that the intro gave me in being so different to the rest of the song.  It was so unexpected---it's not like the track wasn't rocking, it was that it started very downplayed with the mellow acoustic right after the opening riff.  I loved the key changes midway through the verses, and the entire track sounds like some Rolling Stones track.  You sound exactly like Mick Jagger.

Issues:  You know about the drums, so I won't beat a dead horse.  I think there are some mixing issues with the acoustic and the electric guitar.  Bring the electric up in the mix, and when you're soloing, give yourself a boost on top of that so the solo cuts through the mix.  The acoustic is recorded pretty nicely, although there is some handling noise towards the beginning.

Your voice is fantastic: I love how you really went for it.  It needs a fair bit of EQ work to at least match the shimmering quality of the acoustic.  It sounds a bit muddy tonally in comparison.  Brighten up the highs, kill some of the lower mid and maybe run it through a bit of very, very wide and very, very downplayed reverb mixed in all treble.

Great track: if it's any metric of success, you had me bobbing up and down like a complete monkey.

Peace.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.