#1April 23rd, 2008 · 11:03 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Larger than Life

This song is not in a battle

Ok I know the rules but occasionally they're made to be broken. If it really upsets the higher powers I'll take it down but I really just had to get this out there. It's a bluegrass cover of Larger than Life as made popular by the Backstreet Boys. With my folky band Tara Hall. Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 23rd, 2008 · 11:41 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
That was awesome! I would have never thought it was a Backstreet Boys song if you hadn't said so.

Where did you get the idea to cover them, anyway?

The guitars flow really well together. The vocals are very well done. The talking in the beginning is a nice touch.

This would sound great with some drums?
#3April 28th, 2008 · 05:45 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Niceeeee!  Everything is put together well.  You guys should do a whole album of Backstreet Boys songs, it would be really popular.  Well Done.

Dan | PotC
#4April 28th, 2008 · 10:18 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
A ukulele? Sweet. Reminds me of Weird Al Yankovic.

I could swear Weird Al already did something like this though, perhaps in part of one of his polkas.

Still, I'm sad that it's over. It's a great song. The ukulele really makes it unique. Some subtle drums could be the only improvement I see.
#5May 1st, 2008 · 01:58 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Excellent stuff - I love this, as much as anything because of the live energy that you put into it. I'm pretty sure I'd have a great time going to see you guys live - obviously a couple of drinks would be imbibed - but it would be a fun evening's entertainment!
As far as the song is concerned - the playing and singing are very good, yes perhaps some additional rhythm section - bongos perhaps, but not a whole drum set, as that would spoil the overall feel for me.
#6October 10th, 2010 · 11:40 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
A well made cover. I liked the BSB version but this one made me smile.
Missed a final russian "hey" to close this happy tune
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.