#1April 19th, 2008 · 02:14 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
Damnation!

This song is not in a battle

This is a song I wrote about five years ago. Decided to make a decent recording of it, although, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to mixing songs. I just messed about with the plug-ins in Cubase until I was happy with what was coming out of my speakers.

So yeah, any good tips on mixing/mastering the track better?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 22nd, 2008 · 12:38 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
the first thing i think of when i hear this is early Good Charlotte

musically, I think this is fine.  Great, even.  the drums sound fake, but hey, a lot of us use synth drums and not mic'd real ones, so no worries.  (though, if you could find someone to add those, then i'm sure you would do so.)

I think the only mixing idea I have is that for your vocal track, it could use some sort of added effect.  I'd boost the EQ in it somewhere in the bassy-mid range, though not too much.  And then maybe a tiny bit more compression on it?

If you had the chance to actually do any recording over again, I'd give the voice a little more adrenaline as you sing.  It doesn't feel as bouncy as the music suggests it should be.  Don't change the melody or anything.  Just sing stronger.  There are several notes that you sing that feel little like they're wavering on flat, yet pull back up and hit the right pitch.  It's just a vocal control thing.  Really focus on the notes that you're trying to sing in those parts.  Maybe even record your vocal track section by section, or line by line, so that you can really nail each part as perfectly as you're able.

I like the song!  I made the comment about the early Good Charlotte sound, which I'm actually quite fond of.  "Waldorf Worldwide" is a great song that closely resembles this sound you've got!

tLs
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.