It’s in the battle 2008-05

sadasd

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 19th, 2008 · 02:09 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Hey, this song is just right!  He, he
No, it's really good!  Just came from classes and dinner with friends. I'm already a little bit tired, it's late at night and I sat and relaxed. This is when I get the most of listening to a song.
Your singing's very good and I wish I could improve mine enough (and also get a place to record without background noise) to be able to upload something with voice, a "song" properly called. Thank you for the inspiration. You have a very good star-rate from me! 
#3April 19th, 2008 · 11:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah... it's a nice feeling when you've worked hard to get your sound and it comes together, hope it inspires you to write more.

The song is well put together, I would have perhaps made the Chorus to sound completly different.from the verces.

I hear some harmonies where you sing  Just right, just right, just right,

Cheers

Denis
#4April 19th, 2008 · 12:27 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
acoustic sounds nice...good vibe to introduce the piece...voice sounds nice....I hear harmonies at the ouuuuuuut part and what Denis mentioned..Nice change up around 1:25...need strings weaving in and out throughout the piece....somethings missing hear though...maybe like Denis suggested about the chorus/verse thing...I'm just not 100% satisfied as a listener where this journey takes me.....Well, nice construction and playing/singing..recording quality is better than your older stuff if I remember correctly..sounds like your .more comfortable singing now?
I would develop this further
#5April 19th, 2008 · 12:44 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Let me just stress the fact that you have a wonderful name to be a huge intrnational star with - Zach Blume! Easily remembered, not intrusive to any ears. Just great. If you keep on coming up with songs like that, and if you keep on developing at this rate, you are bound to make that mane famous!

I agree that your singing sounds more relaxed, which is great. I also have found that the chord structure you used in the chorus is very very interesting and intreguing! I wanted to steal it form you straight away, haha

I can see you have become very equipment-conscious - great guitar, superb mic... Well done.

I enjoyed it thouroughly, but you should try and arrange the chorus differently than the verses.
Jim
#6April 19th, 2008 · 07:03 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
I equalized this for good monitor speakers and my proper headphones...does anyone have comments as to its EQ  for "normal people" AKA ipod headphones and whatnot? (I have a super crappy pair that I don't even bother testing on)
#7April 19th, 2008 · 07:12 PM
12 threads / 7 songs
45 posts
United Kingdom
It's quite high-end (as it were)  through my not so good speakers and headphones. I know nothing about acoustic mixing, but this is my friends' myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=255879219

The first two tracks i think have been mixed really well. Don't know how he did it equipment-wise, but if you like what you hear, i could find out info for you.
#8April 19th, 2008 · 07:28 PM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
just right
Guitar sounds abit like mine. Similar high end sound like mine. Anyway, your playing is good, and your vocals will get better the more you play. It's almost there....Keep up the great work and creativity dude....peace....JGV
#9April 20th, 2008 · 07:59 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Listening with a set of Sony MDREX85LPB headphones, which produce pretty good quality stuff,  it sounds great!  Everything nice and tight in the mix...I like it!

Kobeshi
#10May 1st, 2008 · 04:15 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The song works well for me... your voice suits the overall feel of this, good vocal delivery.  I really want to hear harmonies in places on this - and like others have said, perhaps some variation in the chorus, nothing too drastic!
Recording wise, this is clear and crisp.  There is a very slight top end bias from my speakers, but nothing significant.
Good stuff Zach
#11May 5th, 2008 · 11:28 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
26 posts
United States of America
I can hear that Taylor, I love those guitars, I have a Taylor Jumbo and a baby Taylor both are amazing, Grat song, best i've heard in a long time
#12May 10th, 2008 · 04:04 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
I think this is a great song indeed. It needs some dynamics and contrast i do think. The rythem stays the same thoughout the piece. Maybe try a diffent stress(on beat two and four perhaps). The little breakups before the chorus do this a little already however. But overall it got alittle bit monotic. But great song.
#13May 13th, 2008 · 02:24 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
19 posts
India
you're right its very airy.. good stuff man! i've been checking out songs for half an hour now and yours is the best I've heard.. the only criticism I have is that the vocals are out of tune a few times and it doesn't sound as if u'r singing from the stomach, so other times they come out in tune but flat.. not often though.. if you sang this again i'm sure u'd nail it. Cheers!
#14July 29th, 2008 · 09:15 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
bumpp
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.