#1April 14th, 2008 · 04:33 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
Words

This song is not in a battle

Recorded this on my 4 track cassette recorder. Kinda lo-fi indie-rock thang. kinda rough but i like the rough DIY sound it has. Let me know what you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 14th, 2008 · 09:00 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Completley agree with you about the lo-fi making this song sound great.  Loving the reaallyyy subtle little whisper i think im hearing there.  Or is it something else?  Whatever it is i like it!

Sounds like a fairly simple song, but often those are the best.  Could imagine hearing this on a road trip somewhere in the sun. 

Something about this I really really like.   I think its the totally natural feel this has to it.  High rate from me for that!!!

Kobeshi
#3April 15th, 2008 · 01:26 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
14 posts
India
really good, it totally feels natural like kobeshi said, may be thats due to the fact that it does not sound modern, great work !!
#4April 15th, 2008 · 02:52 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
simple and effective
the "noisy" recording adds to the vibe. jack
#5April 19th, 2008 · 08:16 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
It's cool up until the middle guitar lead and you blowing into the mic.

Aside from that, it sounds very pavement-ish to me, which is cool.  I think it would be A+ without the guitar thing in the middle.
#6April 26th, 2008 · 01:49 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
It's sounds like modest mouse.  The whispers really fill out the vocals.  The blowing sounds like stomping, great effect.
#7May 1st, 2008 · 01:24 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I can hear this at the end of a real high production CD - the song itself is pretty good construction wise, and the playing, and singing are all fine (well, save for a couple of seriously dodgey notes from the lead guitar!!!  )

I think I'd like to hear it recorded just a little cleaner than it is - the lo-fi sound wears a little thin towards the end, but it was still a good listen.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.