a collection of thoughts and memories
I'm blind in my own mind
to the things in front of me

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 6th, 2008 · 01:15 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im liking the bass groove...nice recording on this take...I like the guitar arrangements!!The voice is great and so is the composition..You guys have some real nice hooks...The two things I think need working are the vocal tunning maybe some scales exercises could help....The other is that sort slapped in change to the chorus is sounds out place!!Nice solo work!
#3April 6th, 2008 · 03:11 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
Great groove...vocals sound cool,very moody.Reminds me of a old sonic youth song with the vocals and the stuff in the background on the verses...guitar playing is cool.sounds like it needs some more feeling at times but its cool man,or maybe some kind of effect like a chorus or reverb to make it not sound so harsh and brittle at times....good and creative production though overall man
#4April 6th, 2008 · 05:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Agree with Marino's comments, plus the bass drum seems missplaced in some parts, intro is one part.

Overall I like your sound, it's got identity, man if you've got that, that's pretty cool!!!!!

Keep 'em coming!!!

Denis
#5April 6th, 2008 · 06:04 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Love the intro! Oh wow, the wah wah is great. The bass and guitar go well together, but I think the drums are a bit out of place.

Around the 2:20 mark or so, there seems to be too much going on and it gets kind of confusing. Also, when the solo at a little after 5:00, it just sounds like havoc. Turn down the guitar a bit.

This definitely has some potential. If you iron out the small kinks and equalize it a bit, it will be a kick ass song.

The vocals are fantastic. Reminds me of Smashing Pumpkins and Neutral Milk Hotel.
#6April 6th, 2008 · 11:10 PM
10 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
Dazednconfused, you just named some of my biggest influences : ).
#7April 7th, 2008 · 10:38 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmmm
Ok this is just plain weird.... which is exactly why I like it....  I like weird.....

I am ALL ABOUT THE WEIRD...  Just check some of my older stuff.. hehe...

I live the wah....   Not sure about the drum on the intro... don't sound too bad...  Vocals are sure, a bit out of tune, but not too bad....  but, yeah, that would be your weakness....  Muuhhaaa  I now know your weakness!! I shall exploit it to the fullest!! 

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.