#1April 3rd, 2008 · 01:09 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Unlabeled
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-04

A song about all the things we desire but are afraid to try for. A song about the people who feel like no one loves them because they choose to ignore the people who obviously do. This song is about you and me. Probably the most Dylanesque song I've ever recorded. Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Isaac Sloan

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 3rd, 2008 · 01:23 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow, great vocal quality.  I wasn't really expecting it.  (that's not a slap or anything, i just wasn't sure what I was going to find!)

The insertion of the piano was good, and it was abrupt, both at the same time.  I think it's because the piano has a sound that is so much wider than the guitar.  I'm not sure if it's a 'bad' thing, though.... I'm undecided.  The piano itself is magnificent--- no problems there.  It's just the transition that brings it in.

A good solid performance all the way through, in my opinion.  It's not really my most favoritest style, but I have enough sense to see the effort that you've put into it, and the quality of that effort.  (Additionally, my music interests have been shifting wildly recently, so I can in no way place this song in a "poor" category, since it's just ME that is getting in the way of this experience.)

hey.. you're one of those guys that joined before I did!  I don't get to see many of you around!  You've got a great voice for your music, so in that respect, I'm entirely interested in your performances, past and future.
#3April 3rd, 2008 · 01:33 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
Cool song, Isaac. I like the lyrics.
#4April 4th, 2008 · 01:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love the vox, nice job, lyrics too, are cool.

The acoustic guitar and piano are always nice to pair up, just think the eq are too similar, which makes it hard to separate them, also you may want to say pan the guitar 10 - 2 and the paino slightly wider, this is a standard set up, so it should cut through better.

Enjoyed the listen.

Denis
#5April 4th, 2008 · 05:29 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Unlabeled
WOW U HAVE A GREAT VOICE!!!!!!!
intonation good..............
more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I vote high
love the harp and piano sounds
well done!!!!!!
kersplash.........the fish

nice lyrics too  

denis has hit on the tecky stuff ...... and i tend to agree with him

#6April 6th, 2008 · 12:16 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
wow the vocals are really good and just the right mix....I liek the mood.awesome production man
#7April 6th, 2008 · 01:26 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great song a bit laking on the guitar production but the voice is great....The harmonies sound beautiful and great lyrics!!!
#8April 9th, 2008 · 09:52 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
Awesome vocals... music is good to!

Awesome song!!  

I voted!

-NT4M
#9April 10th, 2008 · 07:40 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Really nice accoustic song here.  Going to reiterate what denis said about trying to add a bit more width to everything, though saying that around 1:50 everything seemed to suddenly fill my headphones a bit more, so you definatley are going in the right direction.
Just a bit of production work and this should be a beauty!

Kobeshi
#10April 12th, 2008 · 05:51 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
loved the song..
sweet..
touching..
and the mood is made through out the song!!

cheers!!
#11April 12th, 2008 · 10:47 AM
373 posts
China
Nice pipes, a simple mix... overall good feeling and a good vibe...

Yi Ban Ban...
#12April 12th, 2008 · 03:46 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
The guitar needs more bass. It's the most predominant instrument in the composition so it should be as well in the mix. Not only that but in my opinion the guitar is too thin. If I was hearing that behind a guitar whilst playing I wouln't be so bothered. But if I was listening to it from infront I would be a bit shocked.

As suggested above panning might help also seperate the insturments.

As for vocals panning might also be a good idea, specially with the harmonies. It will help with clarity.
Good song though XD. Like Dylan's alot of people will be able to connect and appreciate this song very easily.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.