#1June 15th, 2005 · 03:59 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
Romania
Waiting For You

This song is not in a battle

Instrumental Rock

The second song of CD "DORU - Imperfect Songs"

(Sorry... my music is not "music for everybody"...)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 15th, 2005 · 09:48 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
An interesting cross between rock and electronic- The beat varies too much, I like the expanding beats, but then they go away, like unfulfilled anticipation.

What it does is, it leaves me with the strong awareness that you have not done any chord progressions. Chord progressions can be overrated, but it doesn' work here. Add a change, or instruments, or layers of beats.

I guess the repetitive chord does go with the title, though, of waiting, as in I am waiting for this song to do something. Is that the feeling you were going for?
Just a burning waiting?
If so, you captured that one, fella!
#3August 16th, 2005 · 06:48 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Dead Drums
I am not knocking your skill with a guitar here.  (Actually, I don't even know how to play one, so I wouldn't even be qualified!)  What I can tell you is that you have a good basic drum line, but it needs work.  The same drum loop over-and-over kind of detracts from the guitar playing.  The shifting timescale is good, but vary the actual drum hits.  In essence you have a short, 2-part loop through the song.  Try expanding that loop to 4 or even 6 parts, that way it only loop 4 or 5 times during the song and doesn't become so repetitive.  The new parts don't have to be drastically different from what you already have, just subtle shifts in where some of the hits occur.
#4August 17th, 2005 · 01:09 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
Romania
...dead drums?!
Thank you for your time. This song was track of the day on 15 Apr 2005 and... Best Beat in Instrumental Rock, week of 11 Apr 2005 at GARAGEBAND. For me, music is not pleasant sounds and strictly rules... I do not play commercial music, I like to experiment new ways. This obsessives background is my personal style (listen more of my songs to see that). It's not usual music, you like it or hate it.

Again, thank you for your time. It is very important for me to hear in that way you understand (or not) my experiments. If you want more, go at www.guitar.3x.ro
#5September 11th, 2005 · 09:23 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Awesome, I love your music's ability to mind-fuck. Pure guitar I also like the beats.
#6September 11th, 2005 · 05:20 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United States of America
I really like the intro, you've got som serious skill!
#7March 8th, 2006 · 10:02 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Good stuff son, Keep it up.
#8March 8th, 2006 · 11:51 PM
21 posts
United States of America
Yeah, the variation in drums really carries this track, and makes this something very much worth listening to. You are very talented and not afraid to try new things. But of course, you hear that from everyone
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.