#1March 31st, 2008 · 10:58 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Octagon
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-05

a nice little recording of some of the new material we've written since meeting matt and bryan
let us know what you think, it's a little differant than our old stuff
we'll have a better quality copy of it soon

love and light
zak

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 31st, 2008 · 03:54 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
very nice...
like it pretty much
psychedelic sound sabbath-ish
88%
#3March 31st, 2008 · 06:50 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Black Sabbath meets T. Rex meets Franz Ferdinand.

I like it a lot. The main guitar riff is pretty sweet, and so is the bass. They go pretty well with each other.

The high parts on the vocals are a bit weird and they sound sloppy. Sorry, not a big fan of the vocals.

Wow, now listening to the breakdown from around 3:10 to 3:50. Had to go back and listen to it again, it's amazing! This could be a completely instrumental piece, the music is just that good.

Kickass song! Rating it high.
#4March 31st, 2008 · 08:35 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmm
I must say this is pretty cool....  I kind of agree about the vocals, on in the delivery of some of it...  It sounds more winy than angry in a few parts... I think it needs more anger to fit the overall mood of the song..  I dunno, The music is well played and very tight!  from 3:50 on to 4:00 the delivery has this anger I am hungering for throughout the track, the effect on the vocals during that time is perfect also..  I also love the crispness of the voice throughout the song, the fact that there is no heavy effects and reverb used on it is perfect, just anger up your mood a bit first... Perhaps have the drummer cop a feel on your girlfriend first, that might get you angry enough...  I dunno, it's a thought... 

JimK
#5April 3rd, 2008 · 02:25 AM
3 posts
United States of America
I enjoyed the song.Like the lyrics.Got kind of repetitive through parts of it for me, but really liked the breakdown.Liked what the vocals changed to after breakdown.
#6April 3rd, 2008 · 08:22 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Dont listen to any of them...they're all mad !!
I think the vocal is really good , your singer has done a very impressive job with the voice that he has!
I also feel a slight amount of repetitiveness towards the end, another short vocal part could break it up, though it is such an excellent song, I can hear the very catchy chorus being sung by a shit load of fans !!    
The end production, or maybe it's just the crash cymbal, has left the top end of the music a bit 'washy' especially behind the vocal parts.
This is into my playlist....and loads of votes if you want them.
#7April 4th, 2008 · 06:30 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Octagon
TIME SPENT.......................WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
clear production!!!!!!!!!!!!kool.........
reminds me of MOBY GRAPE ...........killerbass lines........so clear!!!!!.........clear vocs!!!!!!!!!!!
this is a v clean mix ............... love it!!!!!
on a tecky front.............the drums sound a bit pushed and flat in my phones..........but wot the hell
FANTASTIC!!!!
the fish
i vote 90+
haha
#8April 6th, 2008 · 12:41 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
Very nice...the vocals are different but cool reminds me alot of early taproot alot.Too upbeat for sabbath in my opinion....the production is cool...drums sound liek they are spiking at times though.great performance overall though
#9May 1st, 2008 · 03:55 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Clear and clean recording quality... very nice stuff.  The vocal delivery reminds me of a band called Krazy Kat (c 1977) - but only a bit!  Decent bit of playing from everyone.
I like this stuff -
#10May 13th, 2008 · 02:32 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
19 posts
India
Dig the guitar tone! was the amp mic'd or did u plug it straight in? very cool sounding chords.. the bass player is also doing a sterling job.. well done!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.