#1March 26th, 2008 · 04:22 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Applause Mini Uke

This song is not in a battle

This is a sound test of the Applause Mini Uke,  recorded on a MXL 990 USB mic, I did nothing to the track, it is as recorded. No noise removal, no compression, no reverb, nothing...

This is only a test, if this were a real song, the tones would be more pleasant, and would be followed by more, pleasant tones. again, this is ONLY A TEST.

Thank you....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 26th, 2008 · 04:29 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ps
Sorry if it hits you kind of abrupt... it's a tad loud...  but I didn't want to effect the recording at all, although, it might have been better if I didn't have to catch the mic with my knee, and hold it with my legs until I was done playing..  That would have made a bit of difference...  hehehe....

I could have re-recorded it, but for the purpose of this, it wasn't necessary...
#3March 26th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
re test
So picture is you playing uke holding the mic between your knees kinda 5 EZY Pieces Jack Nicholson  diner scene ,Yeah I want you 2 hold the chicken,between your knees , it's all to much  

By the way the uke sounds crisp and warm ,just the way I like my chicken ,sorry can't get this picture out of my head

Thanks for sharing Jimmy
#4March 26th, 2008 · 08:24 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice visual!!!Thanx for the imagery accompanied with the audio...Very cool Jim,master of all instruments to be had....Another conquered instrument I see!!!
#5March 27th, 2008 · 04:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The uke sounds great Jim, It clips a bit, but nice sound.

you may want to try and move the mic away a little so you can get a ballance of the raw sound and the subtle acoutics.

I can see you doing a nice vocal arrangement with this keeping it raw as it is.

Cheers

Denis
#6March 28th, 2008 · 10:33 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i had a good time visualizing you with that mic between your knees playing the uke, i imagined your dog on your lap or something(too bad he didnt join in this time) and maybe even a parrot on your shoulder (maybe biting your ear a bit so we could enjoy your pleasant voice)

think you should be the man to bring my 'charango' to life, i dont get any (pleasant) sound out of it

ok, the uke sounds fine to my left ear, but i wish their was an acoustic gtr for my right ear, i always liked that combination, sort of as in 'losing my religion' from REM, (although that might be a mandolin?)
maybe we should collab for such a thing one day?
#7March 28th, 2008 · 12:30 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Good test, and  i cant wait for the final version!
#8March 28th, 2008 · 01:36 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: re test
yokoinc wrote…
So picture is you playing uke holding the mic between your knees kinda 5 EZY Pieces Jack Nicholson  diner scene ,Yeah I want you 2 hold the chicken,between your knees , it's all to much  

By the way the uke sounds crisp and warm ,just the way I like my chicken ,sorry can't get this picture out of my head

Thanks for sharing Jimmy

Here's Johnny!..  hehe  Sorry if I made your head swim with the visuals..  As for the comment on the sound, Thank you very much..  I am very impressed with this mic, it is such an improvement over my previous method.

Marino wrote…
Nice visual!!!Thanx for the imagery accompanied with the audio...Very cool Jim,master of all instruments to be had....Another conquered instrument I see!!!

Well, I don't know about conquered, But I looked at a chord chart real quick right before I recorded this, and picked about 4 chords for it... which was all I needed to learn for the sake of this test...  I only wish I could keep this little guy, but alas, this Uke is soon to be traveling to the other side of the world...  Man, I am jealous.. I wish I could accompany it....

Denis wrote…
The uke sounds great Jim, It clips a bit, but nice sound.

you may want to try and move the mic away a little so you can get a ballance of the raw sound and the subtle acoutics.

I can see you doing a nice vocal arrangement with this keeping it raw as it is.

Yeah, I realized I had the input volume set too high for my setup, I have since adjusted that, I only had the mic out of the package for 10 minutes when I did that....  It took most of the 10 minutes to tune and figure out some chords for the uke.. I thought about vocals, as a test of the vocal response, but, I don't want to get too attached to this Uke, as it isn't mine... sigh......  Dang it's cute though....

MaxdB wrote…
i had a good time visualizing you with that mic between your knees playing the uke, i imagined your dog on your lap or something(too bad he didnt join in this time) and maybe even a parrot on your shoulder (maybe biting your ear a bit so we could enjoy your pleasant voice)

think you should be the man to bring my 'charango' to life, i dont get any (pleasant) sound out of it

ok, the uke sounds fine to my left ear, but i wish their was an acoustic gtr for my right ear, i always liked that combination, sort of as in 'losing my religion' from REM, (although that might be a mandolin?)
maybe we should collab for such a thing one day?

Hey Max, Thanks man...  The dog came over looked at me, and figured I had enough going on, and cut me a break this time... The bird, I had previously baited with sunflower seeds, so she was too busy to chime in.. hehe...BTW, that is a Mandolin in Losing my Religion... And I do have a couple mandolins...  Unfortunately as stated above, this little Uke isn't staying here....  I can't keep it. sigh....   I like it though....   I might have to get me one later on down the line...

TheKunadiun wrote…
Good test, and  i cant wait for the final version!

This is the final version I'm afraid...  As stated above I can't keep this uke, as it's not mine.. I only have it for a short time, before it sails away to a distant land....

JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Sorry if it hits you kind of abrupt... it's a tad loud...  but I didn't want to effect the recording at all, although, it might have been better if I didn't have to catch the mic with my knee, and hold it with my legs until I was done playing..  That would have made a bit of difference...  hehehe....

What kind of moron wouldn't just stop, and put the mic back upright, and then start again? Oh yeah, ME.
#9March 28th, 2008 · 06:53 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Pretty cool there Jim...One day I'm going to learn how to play the Uke....I like the music to this short and sweet jingle..BTW I knew you were good at catching mics with your knee and not miss a beat...you performed the same feat when you all came over for a visit and we jammed...or was that a slice of NUNZIO'S PIZZA that you caught with your knee before it hit my carpet ?  

Ralphie_Boy
#10March 28th, 2008 · 09:44 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
I am glad to say that this uke is gonna be mine mine mine....

It sounds wonderful....

Have you tried plugging it into a soundcard or sth to check how the pickup sounds like? I'd love to hear it to.

The test is very well made, Jim
Thanks. I can't wait to lay my hands on it!!!! AAAAAHH!!!!!

I am gonna use it onstage a lot!

I still cant believe I have met someone like JimK who is willing to do me such a huge favour!! you surely have a place secured up in Heaven. There is no doubt about it
#11February 13th, 2011 · 08:14 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
15 posts
United Kingdom
Gr8 start but song needs to be longer (0:29)
#12February 13th, 2011 · 06:38 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
cfcmadjj12 wrote…
Gr8 start but song needs to be longer (0:29) :star:

only hear it in one ear???

but sweet sound

fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.