#1March 24th, 2008 · 11:45 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Ice V.2

This song is not in a battle

Basketcase helped me out with the rap part, sooo great!
tried to fatten the mix a bit, changed the break (no more Billie Jean lol)
'pervektion' aint in my dictionary i guess
but i think its eatable now

tnx for all comments tips and critiques on previous version !

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 25th, 2008 · 10:52 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Mix sounding good...I really enjoy the break now..not just because I'm in it either! No more Billie Jean! My favorite part is actually the chorus. Sweet atmosphere and emotion...I just bought  a new audigy sound card and a new set of speakers ( logitech Z-2300) so I will be blasting this in a few.

#3March 26th, 2008 · 12:51 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
great mix, indeed.  I like the guitar work in the song.  the speed is good, but i like the way that the beat kind of mutates from section to section.  keeps it very interesting.  i like the chorus, as well.  i think it's in the synth, with the slight change of key (i think that's what it is)

i'm never much of a fan of fadeouts, but your song seems to end properly, yet fades out slightly, letting the song end before it gets to silent.  any reason?  still a great song, either way.  good work!  I like the feeling in the vocals, both for you, max, and you basketcase!

Bravo, les gars.
#4March 27th, 2008 · 08:17 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
BasketCase wrote…
Mix sounding good...I really enjoy the break now..not just because I'm in it either! No more Billie Jean! My favorite part is actually the chorus. Sweet atmosphere and emotion...I just bought  a new audigy sound card and a new set of speakers ( logitech Z-2300) so I will be blasting this in a few.

I think the break is great becáuse you are in it! cant thank u enough

hope it sounds well on your new set

TonightsLastSong wrote…
great mix, indeed.  I like the guitar work in the song.  the speed is good, but i like the way that the beat kind of mutates from section to section.  keeps it very interesting.  i like the chorus, as well.  i think it's in the synth, with the slight change of key (i think that's what it is)

i'm never much of a fan of fadeouts, but your song seems to end properly, yet fades out slightly, letting the song end before it gets to silent.  any reason?  still a great song, either way.  good work!  I like the feeling in the vocals, both for you, max, and you basketcase!

Bravo, les gars.

i now nothing of key change in this lol .., its all in Em, but just before the chorus there is a chromatic 4 note progression(E-F-F#-G)  maybe that makes the starting E chord from the chorus sounds 'changed' ?

tnx for comps on the vox, i know mine aint too tight, i dont sing much, and this is kind of lo for me and i just had lots of fun doing it, felt like acting a bit since i dont talk that low 

reason for fade: none, except for the feel to do so, felt like it should be this way, although i did give it a go and finished the ending (which indeed wasnt intended to be audible untill the end of the fade at first but bla bla...)
i just liked it   )
#5March 27th, 2008 · 07:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice job..Love the intro!!!!!!!
Some real old metal style progressions!!!!

Basket thats awesome!!!!!!you guys have similar vocal timbers!!!!
Anyways great collab...nice guitar work!!!!
drums are awesome too!
#6March 27th, 2008 · 07:55 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Black symphonic metal meets nu metal? :P

The lead was fine, and the outro was fine. I dunno what you were talking about in chat.
#7March 27th, 2008 · 08:39 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
love everything except the rapping... it just doesn't suit the song imo.

excellent otherwise though, and gets a v. high vote

Ian
#8March 28th, 2008 · 09:29 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Black symphonic metal meets nu metal?
Dark wrote…
Black symphonic metal meets nu metal? :P

The lead was fine, and the outro was fine. I dunno what you were talking about in chat.

hehe, love that one Dark(seems u remember the historie of this song :p )
about the chat, its just fine if ppl dont hear the slide in the solo guitar as a mistake, but i just remained unsure about it because i know it was a slip of the finger(which i left there bcs i liked it)

SirBorris wrote…
love everything except the rapping... it just doesn't suit the song imo.

excellent otherwise though, and gets a v. high vote

Ian

tnx for opinion Ian, i just like to experiment and look for contrast and or combinations,
i wanted a female vocal singin or telling a poem on the break at first, but i couldnt find one.
i do agree though, also the lyrics arent a cohesive story at all,
this song has come a long way, i might give it a new shot in some time to bring it all together.
but still i like it without thinkin of that
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.