#1March 21st, 2008 · 02:50 PM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Perfect Monday
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-05

Brother wrote the chords. Original track (Drums, Elect Guitars 1 and 2) was recorded "live".

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 4th, 2008 · 11:34 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
surprised
I'm surprised no one else has commented on this one yet
great song since I wrote it
really fun to play too
#3May 4th, 2008 · 11:14 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Surprised too
Very good song!  I like the chords and how they go with the voice, always evading from the expected, but all the time into harmony with them. I'm surprised it hasn't been commented too. I didn't see it until now it's in the battle, even though I always check the new ones coming in.
Well, I can't find anything that could possibly be changed on this one. Great work! Rating it right now   Good luck at the battle!
#4May 5th, 2008 · 05:56 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This has quite a good feel to it, I like the momentum that the piece has - driving forward the whole time.
Dynamically, it's a little samey for much of the piece however, the guitar riff starts to wear thin for me at about 2:40 ish - try creating a bit more "space" in there by laying back on the instruments a little sooner (because it works well for the guitar solo).  You could even think about having just bass drum and vocal in one part to make it more interesting for the listener.  At 5:31 it's a long track to listen to.
Quality wise, for a live recording this has come out pretty well - vocals clear, bass nicely balanced in the mix, guitar is well placed (but gets monotonous), and even the drums are quite audible (even though their a dog to record).
So pretty good work really.
#5May 5th, 2008 · 07:08 PM
16 threads / 13 songs
43 posts
Canada
cool jazzy feel. all the instruments compliment each other well and work. nice the vocals totally changed the mood and works well. give it a cool indie rock feel. i think if you added some claps it would fit nicely. good wok man. digging it!
#6May 6th, 2008 · 05:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Because I listened and enjoyed this song I offer a comment, hold your notes, whoevers singing, try to go 'traaaaaay' or just 'try', try not to go 'tra aha ha ihiihiii'. I really like the Lou Reed style, just hold your notes (or cut them off....whatever, just dont hang them.......and drag on their legs when they are hanging !! )
The little soft guitar solo was odd, but the song is a lovely chilled groove.
#7September 24th, 2008 · 07:36 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
yes, perhaps there wasn't enough change throughout the song as whole (the whole "xenith" problem all over again)...but i think considering that, this is one of the better ones off the disc. i cringe a little at some of the guitar fills, but that's just personal - i do think that breakdown is golden though. overall - it is pretty sweet to hear again. good song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.