#1March 17th, 2008 · 12:13 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Ice

This song is not in a battle

hope I ant breaking the rules, I don't intend to, to me this is a new song, but it has grown out of 2 earlier uploads here(Funky metal junkie/Reggea funkin metal)

anyway, we are talkin rock now, and i am kinda happy with it but:
i have a few points i míght wanna change..,
-i aint too sure of the quality of the vox
-in the breakdown i improvised rappin/spoken word thing which i failed so i pitched it up and now its more of a gimmick, hope it doesnt make the whole song a gimmick?
-the solo is still the first impro, does it work? i like it but there is a little(big) slip in it..

and well, the lyrics are a bunch of sentences together, although i owe the best words to my sister, so nice workin together

hope you'll enjoy, comments very welcome

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 17th, 2008 · 02:30 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I've listened to this about 7-9 times now...and its still playing...so, I must like it ..lol....Nice recording Max...You have some decent changes going on in here..I like the little high pitch voice you incorporated...cool gimmick as you say...so nice that you and your sister work so well together....The Vox is hard to understand for me..but I have a little bit of a hard time with hearing...so.....I like your Guitar playing  as always

Flyer

Rates
#3March 17th, 2008 · 04:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Max, this is what creativity is all about, nothing wrong hear, sound like a completly different song to me.
The vox are really interesting,  I would definatly work on them, could work on the panning so the cut through better. My daughter would like the high pitch voice thing.

The guitar sol does not cut through, it may just need raising 2 or 3 db's.

The production quality is super great.

Cheers

Denis
#4March 17th, 2008 · 09:05 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
FUCK YEAH! Keep those vox where they are..they're just atmosphere and background noise to the killer in yo face riff and drums..(Metallica and old school metal..VERY TASTY!) The soloing at the beginning(everywhere for that matter) is where it needs to be also I believe..this isn't look at me music..it's about atmosphere and feel...Uggggh..I hate that Billie Jean disco break..OK better now...A rap like break will work there but I don't think the guitars should drop out and the style should change so drastically....The rest is ACE.Seriously man..killer mix of different genre's of metal and your voice DOES set a perfect mood/atmosphere.                                                                              
#5March 18th, 2008 · 07:38 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
BasketCase wrote…
I believe..this isn't look at me music..it's about atmosphere and feel...Uggggh..I hate that Billie Jean disco break..OK better now...A rap like break will work there but I don't think the guitars should drop out and the style should change so drastically....

hey tnx , youre the 2nd who came up with that Billie Jean thing so i better change that soon lol

could u help out with that rap thing, i heard u doing it somewhere and that sounded a lot better that mine, you could even make your own words if you'd like?
no prob if u dont of course

ill give the guitars a new change for the break, just have to think of something yet....

tnx for listening Ralph, and Denis tnx for the sharp ear, ill consider your thoughts, u notice how Basketcase thinks different?
i need to make up my mind here :p
#6March 18th, 2008 · 03:37 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
BasketCase ready to spit?
I'll give it a shot...I'll use your lyrics if you want,let me know when your ready .
#7March 18th, 2008 · 04:47 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
re: BasketCase ready to spit?
BasketCase wrote…
I'll give it a shot...I'll use your lyrics if you want,let me know when your ready .

great ! , pm on the way, tnx man
#8March 18th, 2008 · 06:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Ice
no rules

music is the orgaisation of sound

this great.........

but mix lacks punch in the guts..........

an eq thing?

it all is coming over a bit middley in my system

its just not a fat sound yet

fish
#9March 18th, 2008 · 07:03 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Ice
ive run the song through eq to sharpen it up.......

if dont like i will kill it
#10March 18th, 2008 · 07:19 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
wow
hey Max  this is awsome man great arrangement , agree somewhat with fish on guttsy eq fatizer
vocals are excellent as so guitar
 being old fossil Focus King Crimson zappa fan you've have just acquired blakhatz as official fan
rate high
Billy Jean is cool 2
#11March 18th, 2008 · 08:53 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
re: wow
blakhatz wrote…
hey Max  this is awsome man great arrangement , agree somewhat with fish on guttsy eq fatizer
vocals are excellent as so guitar
 being old fossil Focus King Crimson zappa fan you've have just acquired blakhatz as official fan
rate high
Billy Jean is cool 2

hey, maybe my VST's aren't good enough? :p

tnx Blakhatz, u name 3 bands that require some kind of taste to like 'm  (thats why my mother doesnt)

the billy jean part is getting replaced btw. you are the 3d who mentioned, i liked it musically, but i dont like it creatively,
so to say

#12March 20th, 2008 · 12:19 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Wow man this is real good!!!Love the drumming!!!great guitar riffing....Nice over all track,more bass would be a good thing IMHO!!
#13March 20th, 2008 · 05:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
this is really good man.I like the vibe.I think the vocals are cool.The guitar playing is cool man.The drums are a little off at places but shit.Its awesome
#14March 21st, 2008 · 08:27 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx guys, i am working on V2, having all comments in mind, it should get better , i hope
#15March 21st, 2008 · 05:43 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
Max, great job dude,,not realy my kind,but the recording is pretty well done,would put the organ out of it ,,strings are nice!

good luke with V2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.