#1March 17th, 2008 · 12:38 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
Ready for Hell
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-04

Ok this is my first post.but be honest in your comments.I use sonar 3 producer edition (still...) to record with.just be honest and give me some good critques.

take care
randy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 17th, 2008 · 10:38 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
my opinion:
-vox arent to convincing on most parts, singer needs to sing more from the belly, less from the throat, if he(you?) wants to sound like Tool's ...Baynard(?) he needs more pain. still i can see where it might go and i like that, some parts are real good.
-did i hear some little timing issues? mainly in the begin, could be ment like that...
- drums have a little bit 'rehearsal room sound', still in other ways they sound great too, lively, raw, not too tight though (or am i just picky today?)
all the rest is great man, love the riffs and the solo's

i'd be shakin my head of my body at a live performance

#3March 17th, 2008 · 04:31 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Welcome to the AMP dude.

Like the drums and guitar sounds, bass not too bad. Sounds like your having fun!!

Ok I must agree you need to work on the vox, they sound too soft for rock, need some grit!!.
I wish I can remember, but I was reading somewhere how to acheive a good rock vocal production.
There are some talented rock musicians on the site, one of which is 'Toastedgoat', he has a wealth of experience
with rock vox, I'm sure he would help you out, why not send him aPM [private message]

That's about as honest as I can be.

Keep 'em coming dude!!

Denis
#4March 17th, 2008 · 09:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Welcome and keep em coming ... this song has tons of potential.. I love the attitude of it..
Some minor production stuff but really it rocks.. I usually don't like the am radio bull horn effect but in this instance used for just the lead in line it works .

Very nice guitar playing and tones. love the Zack style squeals .. Solo was ok for me I felt like you could do more with it, but., I do the same thing with my band , sometimes I just put in something that fits and it works..

Vox, hmm  I like the vocal melody and attack.. It's in the delivery and production that is hurting the vox..
For this type of music your gonna need to either compress the vocals going in or have someone riding the fader to keep it from peaking .. Also  Over, and I do mean OVER PRONOUNCE the words... It looks funny but your whole face should be involved. It will give the vox more clarity and energy.  Your tonal work is good  just push like hell from the lower gut, paying attention to where your taking your breaths, so you can deliver with power.

Sorry if I am ramblin, or sounds like I am picking it apart , cause I am not . it is real good for doing it yourself  with sonar.
#5March 17th, 2008 · 09:31 PM
2 threads
49 posts
Ireland
Hello RD. Welcome to the Amp. This is not my genre - but the vocal needs work. It's critical to hit the note bang on to succeed whatever the genre and some vocal notes here sound flat to me and a little slurred. Good riffs and guitar tones though. Try double tracking the vocal or drop in and track over the shaky bits. Alternatively, do several vocal tracks and cut and paste the best lines together.
#6March 18th, 2008 · 02:26 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
thanks for the great  advice.I know I'm not the greatest singer.My wife was a soloist in her High school choir and she gives me tips I just don't the whole deal about singing from your gut!! Thanks again though I'll get something else together here in the next week or so and try to listen to the advice.I just started home recording last october.I had been doing the 4 track thing for about 10 years and with all the new technology I decided to go to the next level.The biggest problem I usually have is my guitar tracks sounding way to noisy casue I was sticking a sm57 dead on to get highs and it was noisy with no bass.But i have remedied that a little by usuing 2 mics one dead on the speaker and the other off axis and I mix them together.I have a hard time with my bass sound also.I go direct and I try to eq it but I usually end up breaking down and using an amp sim (which I hate to do).And above all I wish i had real drums.Thanks for the comments on them but I know they sound cheesy and its actually harder on me cause I'm playing them on the bads myself.I don;t know how to program it.So I do one track of kick and snare then I do another track of cymbals.Which leaves no fills or rolls!!!

thanks again you guys are really helpful and I can tell you guys have tons of knowledge to pass along.I'm glad I found this site
randy
#7March 18th, 2008 · 09:31 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
This song is awesome! It just needs some tweaking!!! Love the guitar squeals!!!! Sweet solo!
#8March 18th, 2008 · 11:26 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ya man welcome to the amp indeed.Love the Zakk like squeals on the ax!!!!!Nice song,and great performance...Some work is need it as pointed out but really...tons of potential!!!
Get involved you'll learn lots if you do...I both program and sample my drums when in need and a happy camper with most of the results!!!
m.
#9March 19th, 2008 · 04:34 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
83 posts
Venezuela
A fellow sonar user, hard to find those haha. Well, the guitar could use some treatment, some compresion, the drums sound doesn't sound really good, if you have each part tracked apart then you could use some tweaking on those, EQ and compression to get a more cleaner sound. The voice also could use some effects to make it sound more cleaner. But it's not an overall bad mix, it's pretty decent. Is nice song, nice recording, just need tweaking. Good luck and nice work.
#10March 22nd, 2008 · 02:44 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great song....
if the singer wants to be a singer so give him another job.....
no expression and he doesnt hit the tone
music is almost perfect
vote with 79%
#11April 5th, 2008 · 07:05 PM
22 posts
United States of America
Pretty sweet beat...engaging
#12April 11th, 2008 · 05:55 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
great man...
sounds great..
composition great..
loved the voice..
though recording was not good..
can be made better..
and the guitar solo at the end was great..!!

over all a 85%
enjoy!!

and would love to hear more of you!!
#13April 16th, 2008 · 06:12 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
52 posts
United States of America
ITS ABOUT TIME WE GET A METAL BAND
#14April 21st, 2008 · 01:42 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I can tell that this went through some good production techniques on the software side, but (as already pointed out), perhaps the recording itself could be done a little bit.  It felt like you were moving in and out of the microphone range toward the beginning.

the guitar work is really good. ditto on the comments about the squeals.

i agree with denis about the drums' sound.  maybe it's just a bit to much reverb on them? the echo'y sound (whether recorded or later added via software) felt a little too strong. 

i think the voice would be fine if it were a bit stronger and more resolved to eat people alive with the message it's trying to broadcast.  in terms of what your voice actually is, though, i'd say that it's fine.  just needs a bit more strength, as in... mmm... how to say it.... more resolution and energy.  you probably feel that you've got energy in it already, but there's something that could make it stronger... not sure how to express it.

good luck!
tLs
#15April 22nd, 2008 · 10:03 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
nice vibe
good rock all around. jack
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.