#1March 16th, 2008 · 04:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Laughter Of Joy

This song is not in a battle

First recording using my new preamp.
Yes The giggly laughter in the background about half way is Joy [the wife] laughing, she was downstairs on the phone to her mate at the time I recorded the guitar part in my bedroom, if you listen carefully you can hear a door open, that was Danielle[the daughter], she remained unusually very quite, whilst I finished the guitar part. I suppose I could have redone the guitar, but I'm a bit crazzy and liked the way it came out.

Keep smiling everybody, life is too short!!!

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 16th, 2008 · 04:58 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Denis, your recordings are always so clean and top notch and precise...this one isnt any different...very good lounge music...the mix is well balanced from what I can tell...are you playing a Xylophone?...

Nice work

Flyer

Will Rate
#3March 16th, 2008 · 11:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hey Denis this is real crisp.....Very solid sounding!!!I hear some sort of sound crumbling almost static like in some parts...Not sure if because a bad cable or whatnot...Are you using anything that might have batteries,or a noise reduction pluggin because it sounds like there creating noise or not filtering enough...This is just what i hear...The quality is amazing though...Very present and crisp!!!!!!Great tune as usual!!!!
#4March 17th, 2008 · 06:12 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Ahh jazzy and very relaxing , was preamp birthday present Denis.????I really like the easy feel and the marimba sweet . accoustic guitar so clear works well with chords,sophistocated composition and production ,by the way its ure year you know. 
#5March 17th, 2008 · 06:31 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
jazz from heaven
really smooth Denis, very good job, did u use all real instruments or virtual too? i just cant make it out on ear, (ok drums are midi)  but  for sure it sounds great!!!

i listened to Zappa's 'Jazz from hell' a lot, first notes reminded me of that, 

this is certainly not from hell, but from heaven

btw. what preamp u have now?
#6March 17th, 2008 · 08:37 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: jazz from heaven
MaxdB wrote…
really smooth Denis, very good job, did u use all real instruments or virtual too? i just cant make it out on ear, (ok drums are midi)  but  for sure it sounds great!!!

i listened to Zappa's 'Jazz from hell' a lot, first notes reminded me of that, 

this is certainly not from hell, but from heaven

btw. what preamp u have now?

Thanks for the comments Max.

Guitar - Eko acoustic
Drums - Alesis SR16 drum machine [used presets]
Bass - Ibanez musician
Marimba - Yamaha PSR280 keyboard

I put all the instruments through my new 'ART MPA Gold tube preamp, recorded directly onto my Yamaha AW16G workstation, then mixer out into my sound card [not sure if I would get better quality mastering, on to disc from my workstation?]

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.