#1March 14th, 2008 · 11:47 AM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Etude #1 (Chopin)

This song is not in a battle

Back for a bit after a long stretch in shadow. The theme for this composition is "tone color is everything". FL Studio, Sytrus and some compression. The idea is that the composition sounds like Chopin was trying to use digital effects on a piano before they were invented. Minimal enhancements bring this out.

I may well be gone again for a stretch until May, but this is not due to a lack of desire to be here: I am relocating far away. I will have details later.

The breaking of strings is the beginning of wisdom...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 14th, 2008 · 12:14 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
hmmm...you have two different styles(digital ish and classical) and you put together and made it sound cool,interesting,unique,list can go on... But I'm the kind of person who's like get your pineapple out of my peanut butter, but hey it works for you and that's all that matters! I specifically like the theme, 'tone color is everything', because that certainly is true. If you have no emotion in your music then you will not have any 'tone color' then it's just boring. But you definitly had 'tone color' and you made it everything :]
Overall I like this piece a lot.umm...some of the highs are a bit too high(but that might be my headphones/ears).
Very nice composition :]
Will rate
#3March 14th, 2008 · 01:34 PM
19 threads / 15 songs
84 posts
United States of America
Thanks Meow!

The compression may be a little off, but I am using new equipment (laptop replaced Pentuim II box at last!) and balancing it to a set of Sony headphones. As for the ears part, there's nothing I can do about that. I suspect that people's ears mostly hear the same thing, but I have no real proof about that.
To quote Robyn Hitchcock:
"It's raining in Europe, but I've got no proof
I've got the semolina blues"

I grew up on classical music but grew to love synthesizers. Many orchestral and piano works sound like the composers would be using electronic instruments if the had been available a few hundred years ago. The tone color of the grand piano and harpsichord are very nice but limited! Sadly, other than Isao Tomita and a few others, classical music experimentation has been rather limited thus far.

Enough of my rambling...
#4March 14th, 2008 · 05:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Etude #1 (Chopin)
v nice arpeggios.............

but needs a bit of drive as the whole song in one voice is a bit mushy..........

nice...........

with fl7 u can jazz this up ..............................please

fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.